this is so not good

travelguy

Turbocharged
turned 153 miles on bike today and what was random decell pop has become worse than any harley with straight pipes. bike ides very rough and where as before when you bliped the throttle in neutral major torque pull to right side (a good thing) now barely moves. died out like someone turns off the key at least 10 times today when pulling in clutch to downshift. boy that was fun around some corners. have to rev it to 3k and slip the clutch to take off in 1st. actually thought it was stuck in second or third it was so bad. feels like a light switch between 2-3 k rpm, bog , no power then all of a sudden picks up. not fun in heavy traffic. hopefully i can get to the dealer tomorrow. wonder what the lemon laws are here in calif. ?
oh and by the way is the rubber band holding the top of the fuse box cover on standard or is it because it's a limited edition ?

barely made it to the dealer today. besides the running problem which has gotten even worse i asked him to set the low fuel indicator correctly. i told him it comes on after 3.3 gallons are used and it come on just as it pulled into the parking lot. he started blathering on about maybe i wasn't filling it up to the top of the neck i just thought i was and how he would measure the gas in the tank and then ride my bike for 60 miles and remeasure it . aaahh no. you are not riding my bike which has 156 miles on it for 60 miles. i just told you the light came on when i entered the parking lot so top off the tank and you will see how many gallons it has left when the light comes on. he didn't get it. i have the feeling that this is going to only go down hill from here. i can't wait to hear their diagnosis of why my brand new bike doesn't run. fffffffffff.......................................

So many times a bad dealer can make a simple problem much worse. If your dealer isn't treating you to your satisfaction look into trying another one. Sorry to hear about your problems.

Tom

Put On Some Pressure

Sorry to hear about the rough running engine. Ask the dealer if he can say, " Warranty Work". All that needs to be addressed by Triumph........you shouldn't have to put up with a wishy-washer dealer. If no success, contact Triumph USA in Georgia and let them know what kind of dealers are not representing them properly.

About the fuel indicator...... I took mine back several times and after 2 recalibrations, Triumph covered the whole thing under warranty and I've got a new one . It's still comes on at 2 gallons but I can live with that when there are times on the road where it might be over 30-35 miles before the next fuel stop. I've been told you can adjust it like you would the arm in a toilet tank. Just bend it a little and all is right with the world.

Keep us posted on what kind of help you get from the dealer or Triumph USA. How close are you to another authorized dealer in your area?

hey guys,thanks for the encouragement... the next closest dealer is about 30 to 90 minutes away depending on the traffic. love these so cal freeways... i think i will have to try someone else since , and i will make a prediction here, that this dealer will say they just had to re-set the ecu. his first comment after he did the paperwork, he starts up the bike and says well the idles a little low. wtf.. i told him i would give him $50. if he could ride it around the block w/o having to push it back. the idles a little low.. jesus... now i haven't been into bike sinces the fi stuff started but when the ecu in your car goes you don't reset it you replace it. what really conserns me is how much decell popp i was getting before the bike became literally un rideable. to me that says lean like major air leak. i really hated riding the bike in and in retro spec with only 156 miles on it and how hard i had to ride it to get it there i really hope i haven't done long term damage to this new motor.

Hope your dealer gets his head out of his....

I hope all comes out all right. I have a new R3C too and no problems in 1600 miles. I have a little decell pop, just a little. Just did a 700 mile trip and I'm getting around 35 mpg.

I believe the dealer is everything, by that, what I mean is that people, thanks to the internet seem to buy on price alone and if a dealer that's not local has a better price, they scrap the local guy and get it (not just bikes) somewhere else.

I have 2 dealers within striking distance, both excellent and I've purchased bikes from both of them.

Like I said, it's been basically trouble free except for stalling a couple of times before I took it in for the 500 mile physical. That was addressed and it seems to be gone. This electronic fuel management befuddles me. I'm used to using a screwdriver and jet changes to tune a bike.

problem solved. one of the fuel lines in the tank was to short, worked it's way looser and looser so the fuel was just getting circulated back in the tank. they said it was the second time they have seen this and have notified triumph. gotta say i am actually impressed with this service dept. now. they found an oil leak where the oil tank ties into the engine and fixed it . i had just washed the bike and had seen NO oil but these guys spotted it and fixed it. they also calibrated the fuel light so now it's time to pony up 200 for the fuel guage.
the blue chick magnet is back in action.
you know i kinda feel sorry for my neighbor who just bought a real nice harley. whenever we go riding invevetably at a signal someone will roll down a window and comment how cool the rocket is. they just kinda ignore the harley.
thank you god for giving me this rocket addiction.

A good dealer makes the difference. Support him by buying from him so he stays around. I do.

I just got a ThrottleMeister from my dealer. I could have ordered it on the internet but I didn't. I'd rather let him make a few bucks. Makes me feel better and him too.

Have to agree totally here. My closest dealer is only 40 miles away, yet I travel 120 miles to a dealer that truly wants my business. I bought the new RIII Classic from him, and paid about 10% more than I would have from an out-of-state dealer; Money well-spent in my opinion, since he always gives me good service and doesn't treat Triumphs like an afterthought.
John

TravelGuy,

Glad to here your problems are getting solved by a worthy dealer. Even though I have no dealer within an hour and a half, the two I can choose from are great and work with each other but are not affiliated. You can't legislate that kind of cooperation.:bch:

Back