Things are falling off my Rocket!

Hobo

.020 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket
Specifically, one of my three air cleaners - the one closest to my left knee. Near as I can figure, when I came down from that wheelie my knee must've bumped it and caused it to fall into the road. Luckily, the two cars behind me swerved to miss it, I pulled over and grabbed it, and life is good.

Seriously...I've never owned a bike (and I've had plenty) that would easily roll the front end up into a wheelie just by giving her the gas. Accidentally did it with my girlfriend on the back the first time. I was excited, but by her slapping my head I could tell that she didn't share my same enthusiasm for the one-wheeled ride.

Have I mentioned I kinda like my new-to-me Rocket??

Mine did that right after I got it from the movers. Did my standard safety check and hopped on for a ride. First time I cranked the throttle in second, the rear filter came flying off! Saw it out of the corner of my eye and actually managed to catch it with my left hand. Hard part was figuring out how to pull the clutch as I pulled off on side of road to reattach it!
I guess the movers had knocked it mostly off during move or delivery. It's never happened before, but it's now been ingrained into my pre-flight inspection ;)

I have heard from the dealer in Katy Texas that "the Rocket is powerful, but an 800+ lb cruiser will not wheelie. ;)

oh it does !!! seen it with my very own eyes . BTW I don't know what "coonass "stand in for , in your neck of the wood, but in french well that' s a very different stinking barrel of fishes

oh it does !!! seen it with my very own eyes . BTW I don't know what "coonass "stand in for , in your neck of the wood, but in french well that' s a very different stinking barrel of fishes
The proper French people gave it to the people of South Louisiana who were of Acadian French decent (Cajuns), as a derogatory term. Instead of taking offense, we embraced it like a badge of honor.

When I was in high school, (305 Super Hawk), my best friend had a 650 Bonneville with racing cams and full open megaphones. OMG was it loud, but I digress. He was very talented at wheelies much like Steel. His technique was to raise it up in low and let it down with just enough force to allow torque and recoil from the shocks send it back up through all 4 gears. I have since owned several 650's since but have never been successful.

Back