From the Google PlayStore.
Lonovo Tablet M10 FHD Plus.
Android TB-X606F-S300177-210304-BMP.
OBD Lonlec KL-1 with cable.
Triumph Rocket Roadster 2300 2010 Vin -435975
OEM 20352

Viking 3 into 1
RamAir air filter.

I have been researching the use of TuneEcu and the various data-sets, and I have been developing models to see how the maps that I have been lumbered with, and also how a few from the Resources area of this site, have been defined. Some of the maps I have had recommended are highly variable, even between cylinders, and this has caused me to want to produce a map which is consistent with my OEM 20352, and not inconsistently/unnecessarily rich, or dangerously lean.

Recently I have been trying to determine the x parameter for the L air data-set. So far it seems to me that on my R3R there is a MAP (manifold air pressure) facility; sensors (3) are on the throttle bodies between the primary butterflys and the engine block. These sensors deliver vacuum readings by rpm to the ecu. As the butterfly opens, the rpm increases and the vacuum value drops.

The TuneEcu L air data-set X parameter is "Air pressure". As this number increases in the table, the air value increases, so the parameter cannot be MAP. I suspect that it's MAF (mass air flow). But I have been unable to determine where (if at all) this is measured on my machine.

So if it is MAF, how is the ecu getting the MAF data to be able to use the L data-set?

I have posted the following on the TuneEcu.board site, some time ago:

Regarding the L air data-set:
1. In TuneEcu (Android) the top X axis for the data-sets L1 L2 L3 says "Air Pressure (hPa)". Is this mass air flow (MAF) pressure?
2. Is this measured by the (ceramic?) sensor in the OEM position in the air-box under the seat?
3. If so, where is MAF modeled in TuneEcu?
4. If it is not modeled, do you think that it would be useful to so model?
5. If not, is there any other way that you know of to model the "Air Pressure (hPa)" that is referred to in the top X axis in the L air data-sets?

Is there anyone on this forum who can explain the L air data-set "Air Pressure (hPa)" parameter to me, and if my supposition is correct, how the MAF data is sent to the ecu? And further to that, how I can access this MAF data during engine run-time?

Thank you, Peter Gilbert, Blenheim New Zealand.

Last edited:
Greetings.

TuneEcu Version 5.2.59.
From the Google PlayStore.
Lonovo Tablet M10 FHD Plus.
Android TB-X606F-S300177-210304-BMP.
OBD Lonlec KL-1 with cable.
Triumph Rocket Roadster 2300 2010 Vin -435975
OEM 20352

Viking 3 into 1
RamAir air filter.

I have been researching the use of TuneEcu and the various data-sets, and I have been developing models to see how the maps that I have been lumbered with, and also how a few from the Resources area of this site, have been defined. Some of the maps I have had recommended are highly variable, even between cylinders, and this has caused me to want to produce a map which is consistent with my OEM 20352, and not inconsistently/unnecessarily rich, or dangerously lean.

Recently I have been trying to determine the x parameter for the L air data-set. So far it seems to me that on my R3R there is a MAP (manifold air pressure) facility; sensors (3) are on the throttle bodies between the primary butterflys and the engine block. These sensors deliver vacuum readings by rpm to the ecu. As the butterfly opens, the rpm increases and the vacuum value drops.

The TuneEcu L air data-set X parameter is "Air pressure". As this number increases in the table, the air value increases, so the parameter cannot be MAP. I suspect that it's MAF (mass air flow). But I have been unable to determine where (if at all) this is measured on my machine.

So if it is MAF, how is the ecu getting the MAF data to be able to use the L data-set?

I have posted the following on the TuneEcu.board site, some time ago:

Regarding the L air data-set:
1. In TuneEcu (Android) the top X axis for the data-sets L1 L2 L3 says "Air Pressure (hPa)". Is this mass air flow (MAF) pressure?
2. Is this measured by the (ceramic?) sensor in the OEM position in the air-box under the seat?
3. If so, where is MAF modeled in TuneEcu?
4. If it is not modeled, do you think that it would be useful to so model?
5. If not, is there any other way that you know of to model the "Air Pressure (hPa)" that is referred to in the top X axis in the L air data-sets?

Is there anyone on this forum who can explain the L air data-set "Air Pressure (hPa)" parameter to me, and if my supposition is correct, how the MAF data is sent to the ecu? And further to that, how I can access this MAF data during engine run-time?

Thank you, Peter Gilbert, Blenheim New Zealand.
I have analysed the L and F air data-set using my OEM 20352 map and actual run-time data from my R3R. Various assumptions refer. This is only a contrived analysis to help me understand the use of the maps. No L-F switch is modeled.

Since my last post, I have been told that the "Pressure' axis in the L set is actually Manifold Air Pressure (MAP). In this event, I'm not sure that "Pressure" should be described as "Vacuum". However, using real-time engine run-data the following air assumptions for the L and the F air sets might refer.

1622851344248.png

Back