The First Annual Raymond Braswell Charity Run

Toystoretom

Living Legend
Some of the KC Boys met at Engle's yesterday and Raymond ordered some bling. We were outside looking at bikes and Raymond came out for a smoke and he looked a little pale. About 10 minutes later the parts counter guy comes out looking for Raymond with his accountant in tow, finds Raymond, and says" We have a preliminary number for you".

Its not good guys. Raymond just blew his kid's college fund plus :eek:.

Oh well.... you can't take it with you :roll:

We did learn one thing, that if your battery is too weak to crank over the engine but still able to run the fuel pump, you can bump start a Rocket if you have a long enough hill. It comes in handy; for example if you leave your headlights on.:D

P.S.

Tomo forgot to tell you we had been there a good 20 minutes and went outside for some great fresh, warm air. Matter of fact it was almost too hot (can't believe I said that) to ride with jackets. Back to the story. Somebody noticed Raymond's headlights were still on and the keys in the ignition. I turned it off, took the keys and hid them in my pocket for some later fun.

Somebody ( I'm not naming names) let it slip that I had the keys and we all had a great laugh. Believe it or not, the four of us decided to have BBQ (That's a no brainer) and got ready to leave. Raymond's battery is dead as a doughnut. Luckily Pat, our salesman at Engle, said he could jump it on the steep slope taking you down behind the building where the mechanics work. Sure enough we heard that sweet roar of the beast and off we went for "Break Bread Together".

Great couple of hours when you've got friends to share the experience. Maybe Raymond will post the miraculous story about his phone and palm pilot. It could easily be featured on Ripley's Believe It Or Not!

I'm interested in Raymond's bling. I am looking for someone to blame my "bling acquisitions" on. You know, the old "Well, Raymond did it, so why can't I?" comment. I am looking forward to the day of installing most (or all) of the bling I "have", and "have coming". Maybe you're right Pianoman, maybe Raymond will fill the rest of us in on the new items.

I didn't know you guys were getting together this Saturday past. Doesn't matter, 11 hours at work would have not made it possible anyway. But, the OT $$$$ make lots of "bling" sense to me.

See ya.

PS, thanks for sharing the old "Rollin' down hill, hit the starter & off ya go!" approach with us. I'm certain some of us will find it handy. I've left the key on all day at work. Needless to say, no juice for the fuel pump left in that battery after 9 hours. Had to do the old jump start approach. Glad the battery is easily accessable.

I was hopin' for a gathering at Raymond's next time for a "bling fling" affair. Maybe not. I'll see how things are going. We've got to get this unit together "this week" at work & I may have another full Saturday if things don't go well the previous 5 days. I'd like to have you guys come up & ride the parkway with me. My only regret would be the 25 mph speed limit (kinda slow feeling most of the time). But it's still a lot of twisties, and fun.

See ya

Back