The cost of honor? it's $60

ElAyRocket

Strange, but not a Stranger
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Short story, I was 8 years in the Mid-east working and by the end of 2013 i'm gonna buy my "came back to the states bike", always wanting a Rocket, but picked up a HD on Repo at an unbeatable price. Came home, rode the HD for 2 years but found my R3 here in SoCal with 1663 miles and I get it on the spot 2 weeks ago.
Next day, at the Rock Store, 4 ft from Jay Leno, the R3 is hit while parked by a HD trike. the ol feller riding it admitted he was wrong, gave me his card, said sorry.
I emailed days later asking for $60 for the bent clutch lever, while i ignored the scratches elsewhere. He replied my parked bike was in his way, it's my fault, no $60.

Now, this Vietnam Vet had every patch on his vest, true-blue patriot, very proud of his service (I was too, 8 years working on US bases in Iraq/AFG), but for the low cost of $60, I feel he threw away his honor (in my eyes) and told him so.

Had the bike 22 hrs before he dropped it, but it has it's scars now and I love every minute.

Welcome mate from one of the Aussies.
Bad luck about the damage to your bike but good on you for letting it go so easily i dont think most of us would be so forgiving, maybe you are stetting a good example to us (to me anyway):thumbsup:

To clarify, I did sic my insurance on his, for the full damage and service. I worked as a civilian for the USO on bases, so while I'm proud of my work, I didn't serve in uniform.

WELCOME to the horde.
From whence you hail?
You shall find this place invaluable for information and advice about your R3R.
Congrats on your maturity - this old man woulda been up in that puke's face.

G'day and welcome. It's a crappy way to start with a bike, but the good news is that it will get better, and betterer, and bettererer. :)

Welcome from Mississippi! Trust me the vets value the USO and appreciate it. It's service to your nation! Hopefully your insurance gets him and you have a nice sparkly new paint job to go on your fixed bike ;)

Back