when u have two holes that don't line up some times u can drill each to the next size.
also had some trany mounts that the holes were to close so took a cutting tool and cut into the hole making it a slot.

Note the top hole not lined up with thread - will get it fixed. I tried rubber clamps to tighten shift but decided I'll wait. I put bags on and looks like that may be an issue on lengthy rides
How does the other side of the bike look where the third exhaust was?

Just thinking, It kinda sucks that these pipes don't fit exactly and one has to grind a bolt, and then go to a dealer to fix another...etc despite the high premium.

It is a shame that no one out their makes a good quality product for these bikes. Not counting Zard, which is insanely expensive (i mean you would have to be completely insane or a billionaire to even consider it) plus they also have some sh!t quality control.
Leaves us with the Werks which sounds great but looks sh!t, and with this Thai exhaust which isn't an exact fit!
Where're the effin aftermarket for these bikes. This is why people buy HDs.
Just a thought.
I agree @Zutt and just thought this would be a simple process - exhaust mounted very easily 1st couple of nuts lined up and figured it would neaten the rest up, but it didn't and I'm pretty sure that it's the clamp that's forcing the heat shield outwards and misaligning the holes.... hence your comments that I agree with 100%, it would be TOO EASY to make it all fit as designed. My only gain in this, is that the "sound" is MUCH better than it was and it sounds like 2500cc bike should... I've seen TTS's version of an after-market and that was shocking to see. For now, I'll get those two minor things ironed out [AND PAY FOR IT] :rolleyes: and recommend to this guy that they should use the clip that the stock heat shield did with the rubber bushing as a guide; I believe that would line it all up without having to cut the f'n bolt [which I hated to do - I'm sure that bite me in the a$$ some day] on the clamp to get it to seat tighter.... you're right HD always has mods that fit, work and are made for those rides... :thumbsup: but it ain't a rocket LOL

when u have two holes that don't line up some times u can drill each to the next size.
also had some trany mounts that the holes were to close so took a cutting tool and cut into the hole making it a slot.
I thought about that and started to, but then thought I'd be f'n up the heat shield with a wider hole that the nut may slip through - shop should fix it, I'll follow up when it's done

How does the other side of the bike look where the third exhaust was?

there ya' go

Just thinking, It kinda sucks that these pipes don't fit exactly and one has to grind a bolt, and then go to a dealer to fix another...etc despite the high premium.

It is a shame that no one out their makes a good quality product for these bikes. Not counting Zard, which is insanely expensive (i mean you would have to be completely insane or a billionaire to even consider it) plus they also have some sh!t quality control.
Leaves us with the Werks which sounds great but looks sh!t, and with this Thai exhaust which isn't an exact fit!
Where're the effin aftermarket for these bikes. This is why people buy HDs.
Just a thought.
Our friend Paul Bryant {viking exhaust} is hovering...he's the kind of engineer who will be twitching away inside...but he's down with ruptered knee tendons just now....i'm sure he has some ideas floating thru his clever brain.....

I agree @Zutt and just thought this would be a simple process - exhaust mounted very easily 1st couple of nuts lined up and figured it would neaten the rest up, but it didn't and I'm pretty sure that it's the clamp that's forcing the heat shield outwards and misaligning the holes.... hence your comments that I agree with 100%, it would be TOO EASY to make it all fit as designed. My only gain in this, is that the "sound" is MUCH better than it was and it sounds like 2500cc bike should... I've seen TTS's version of an after-market and that was shocking to see. For now, I'll get those two minor things ironed out [AND PAY FOR IT] :rolleyes: and recommend to this guy that they should use the clip that the stock heat shield did with the rubber bushing as a guide; I believe that would line it all up without having to cut the f'n bolt [which I hated to do - I'm sure that bite me in the a$$ some day] on the clamp to get it to seat tighter.... you're right HD always has mods that fit, work and are made for those rides... :thumbsup: but it ain't a rocket LOL
I love your attitude brother. Glad it sounds awesome.
Sorry for the Monday morning rant :)

Attachments

• 3E031EB0-F1F7-485B-A68F-C4DB2930CA74.jpeg
    3E031EB0-F1F7-485B-A68F-C4DB2930CA74.jpeg
    38 KB · Views: 29
Back