Telling video about Triumph customer service

Well I am a Triumph guy happy that I do work for Harley!
That video was painful to watch, but I can agree that Triumph in the USA anyway is as hard to get ahold of as someone who owes you money.

Stuart has had an axe to grind with Triumph for over two years. I believe it started with his dealer and his had used anecdotal information to bolster his claims against Triumph.

You can believe everything thing he spouts as gospel if you want to. He is the same guy that claims Royal Enfield quality is better than Triumphs and has said Triumph quality is done with smoke and mirrors.

Many recalls are done on minor issues and a gearbox isn't minor but would be a major safety recall. Triumph had a recall with a shifter lever on tge Speed Twin but to my knowledge their have been no recalls for the Bonneville gearboxes. I've owned mine for over 4 years without a problem.

BMW and Yamaha have had recalls for gearboxes.

Last edited:
Well I am a Triumph guy happy that I do work for Harley!
That video was painful to watch, but I can agree that Triumph in the USA anyway is as hard to get ahold of as someone who owes you money.
Harley left Kansas City with a bad taste in alot mouths. Listen if you still have a job period I'm very happy for you. My entire union local has hardly had any work for 9 months and things don't look good for next year.

Stuart has had an axe to grind with Triumph for over two years. I believe it started with his dealer and his had used anecdotal information to bolster his claims against Triumph.

You can believe everything thing he spouts as gospel if you want to. He is the same guy that claims Royal Enfield quality is better than Triumphs and has said Triumph quality is done with smoke and mirrors.

Many recalls are done on minor issues and a gearbox isn't minor but would be a major safety recall. Triumph had a recall with a shifter lever on tge Speed Twin but to my knowledge their have been no recalls for the Bonneville gearboxes. I've owned mine for over 4 years without a problem.

They are having this discussion over at the RAT forum and it appears that there really is mounting evidence that there is a problem with some gearboxes using a certain run of shifting arms not being tempered properly. It's fix is not a disaster described in the video. That being said just as in the case of the Rockets gearbox Triumph continues to take a "we'll close our eyes and hope it goes away" tactic in dealing with the consumer.

They are having this discussion over at the RAT forum and it appears that there really is mounting evidence that there is a problem with some gearboxes using a certain run of shifting arms not being tempered properly. It's fix is not a disaster described in the video. That being said just as in the case of the Rockets gearbox Triumph continues to take a "we'll close our eyes and hope it goes away" tactic in dealing with the consumer.
Yes I have seen a few comments on the Rat forum been a member for many years. Some of those folks who had a problem after they dropped the bike or had a wreck impacting the shifter. This isn't the same thing as the Rocket 3.

When I see a warranty repair or repair orders or where parts have been ordered for fixing a gearbox that is evidence. If Stuart Fillingham has the hundreds of people as he claims that have this problem then he shouldn't have a problem producing a dozen people with documentation in form of repair or warranty repairs or even parts ordered.....so far all am hearing is a few complaints on the Rat forum and Stuart's unsubstantiated claims.

If you can show me evidence then I'll believe it but 3rd party hearsay isn't mounting evidence.

Yes I have seen a few comments on the Rat forum been a member for many years. Some of those folks who had a problem after they dropped the bike or had a wreck impacting the shifter. This isn't the same thing as the Rocket 3.

When I see a warranty repair or repair orders or where parts have been ordered for fixing a gearbox that is evidence. If Stuart Fillingham has the hundreds of people as he claims that have this problem then he shouldn't have a problem producing a dozen people with documentation in form of repair or warranty repairs or even parts ordered.....so far all am hearing is a few complaints on the Rat forum and Stuart's unsubstantiated claims.

If you can show me evidence then I'll believe it but 3rd party hearsay isn't mounting evidence.
I'd like to say I have no axe to grind with Triumph. They are the only street bikes I have ever owned. I didn't go looking for this video it came to me in my Google news feed so by now it's all over the universe. So it might be a something Triumph might want to respond to. I know if I was looking at a WC Bonneville I might take a wait and see. Also Triumph and Royal Enfield are almost one in the same. A few years back they entered in agreement that all or most of RE bikes are designed by the Triumph design shop. Maybe the production in India is more on top of things than the Triumph production in Thailand. I will tell you two well respected Triumph shops I deal with are extremely high on Royal Enfield.

I'd like to say I have no axe to grind with Triumph. They are the only street bikes I have ever owned. I didn't go looking for this video it came to me in my Google news feed so by now it's all over the universe. So it might be a something Triumph might want to respond to. I know if I was looking at a WC Bonneville I might take a wait and see. Also Triumph and Royal Enfield are almost one in the same. A few years back they entered in agreement that all or most of RE bikes are designed by the Triumph design shop. Maybe the production in India is more on top of things than the Triumph production in Thailand. I will tell you two well respected Triumph shops I deal with are extremely high on Royal Enfield.
Unless I'm incorrect Royal Enfield teamed with Les Harris performance in England not Triumph. I saw the same Google feed you saw and it was done by Stuart Fillingham. He has made at least 4 youtube videos on this subject all of them are on goggle. One guy saying the same thing over and over doesn't make it true.

Evidence please.

Back