I do not know about on this forum, but I just bought one from Dennis Kirk. You can go to Dennis Kirk.com and click on mens apparel; they have a few to choose from.

No one is allowed to sell merchandise here unless they pay a monthly fee.

No, parts suppliers aren't allowed to advertise their goods for free when it competes against those that do pay to advertise here. Otherwise there would be no site. By the looks of your username, signature line and avatar, I think you get plenty of free advertising.

BTW, would you allow parts411, bikebandit or dennis kirk advertise for free on your website?

Budman- Is this what you were talking about? This guy designed several.

Rocket III Triumph Motorcycle Shirts : HAVOC SHIRTS : CafePress.com

It's from this thread http://www.r3owners.net/bearclaw-corner/1455-rocket-advertising-t-shirt-slogans.html

Last edited:
I'm one of the moderators of the "Fender Discussion Page". It's a forum for those that share a love of Fender guitars and amps. Anyone trying to sell in the forums is banned from the site and the only way to come back is to purchase a membership. It's the same kind of setup as here. There are sponsors (businesses) and contributing members (individuals) that pay for the privilege of using the classifieds.

As far as the shirts, I too get them on Ebay for a reasonable price ($10-$15 shipped).

I'm one of the moderators of the "Fender Discussion Page". It's a forum for those that share a love of Fender guitars and amps. Anyone trying to sell in the forums is banned from the site and the only way to come back is to purchase a membership. It's the same kind of setup as here. There are sponsors (businesses) and contributing members (individuals) that pay for the privilege of using the classifieds.

As far as the shirts, I too get them on Ebay for a reasonable price ($10-$15 shipped).

That's not quite right. I believe you can advertise an item for sale here on this site in the classified section for no charge but it has to be approved by a moderator beforehand.

I'm familiar with sites that charge a fee to sell in the classified section. Whether I agree with that policy or not will remain unsaid.

Being a paid advertiser here myself, I try, at all times, to adhere to the User Agreement plainly spelled out in the FAQ section. I suspect very few posters read that section. The owner of this website is an individual of good temperament, easy to deal with and leaves daily administration up to Tomo and Pigger, who, at least in my opinion, do an excellent job.

One thing I make a habit of doing is reading the user agreement on any site that I register on. That way, you understand the boundaries in which you can operate and minimize your risk of getting banned (which can be embarrassing). Not to say I haven't peed off the Mod's on this site before because I have. Occasionally, everyone oversteps their bounds, it's human nature.

That's not quite right. I believe you can advertise an item for sale here on this site in the classified section for no charge but it has to be approved by a moderator beforehand.

I'm familiar with sites that charge a fee to sell in the classified section. Whether I agree with that policy or not will remain unsaid.

Being a paid advertiser here myself, I try, at all times, to adhere to the User Agreement plainly spelled out in the FAQ section. I suspect very few posters read that section. The owner of this website is an individual of good temperament, easy to deal with and leaves daily administration up to Tomo and Pigger, who, at least in my opinion, do an excellent job.

One thing I make a habit of doing is reading the user agreement on any site that I register on. That way, you understand the boundaries in which you can operate and minimize your risk of getting banned (which can be embarrassing). Not to say I haven't peed off the Mod's on this site before because I have. Occasionally, everyone oversteps their bounds, it's human nature.

I didn't word my post very well. I meant the FDP (Fender Discussion Page) has folks that pay to play (members and businesses) and that R3Net *probably* is *similar*. I didn't mean to imply they were exactly the same.

No, parts suppliers aren't allowed to advertise their goods for free when it competes against those that do pay to advertise here. Otherwise there would be no site. By the looks of your username, signature line and avatar, I think you get plenty of free advertising.

BTW, would you allow parts411, bikebandit or dennis kirk advertise for free on your website?
I wasn't complaining or trying to start an argument - The question was asked if anyone on this forum sells Triumph t shirts. I was simply stating this websites policy for others not already aware of it. Why the attack on me? Re-read my post. It was very basic... If you have been to my website you know we do not offer parts for Triumph motorcycles nor are we a Triumph dealer. Relax, I'm here because I enjoy my Rocket 3. I may be in the business but first and foremost I am an enthusiast!

By the way, you don't have a problem with me posting a link to Ebay do you? They pay to advertise here...

Last edited:
I didn't word my post very well. I meant the FDP (Fender Discussion Page) has folks that pay to play (members and businesses) and that R3Net *probably* is *similar*. I didn't mean to imply they were exactly the same.

I realized that. I just clarified your statement a bit.

Different sites have different participation rules. What may be fine on one site is a no-no on another.

The bottom line is this all costs money. No site is free no matter what the owners of the site say.

Back