atomsplitter

Living Legend
Ride
17 T-120 Black, 20 Bobber Black, 98 Trophy 1200
I have my Bobber front end off to get the Matris emulators installed, so I have been riding the T-120 Black for the past few months and generally enjoying the experience. Yesterday Tom (son-in-law) and I went for a ride around the area, one that we've done numerous times, however due to the lighter traffic (thank you high fuel prices) we were able to up the usual pace. This brought the suspenders of my T-120 into sharp focus. A few weeks back I had upped the preload on the forks and that generally improved the ride, but on the gnarly bits of tarmac we plowed over yesterday the rear bottomed out and was overwhelmed a few times. So after the ride I spent some time upping the preload and the compression damping on the rear. Today we'll do the same route and I'll see how it behaves. Can't be any worse than yesterday that's for sure.

Is it possible to reduce the load that is requiring the upload and preload settings to be increased? 😉😉😁

Is it possible to reduce the load that is requiring the upload and preload settings to be increased? 😉😉😁
Sure, but where's the fun in that? I take to dieting like a duck takes to bird shot......

UPDATE: After 50 miles of the same roads the suspension was a whole lot better. No more jack hammering the spine on potholes or overwhelmed damping. Much smoother, and a lot more comfy.

Back