sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
It has been HOT. Ride home everyday for the last week or two the weather been ridiculous. Well over 100 degrees with heat index figured in. Only a 52 mile ride home with one or two lights but WOW. I even changed out to a heavier oil than usually. It is like walking out to a sauna loading up for the ride home. While riding at highway speeds you can feel the heat but the sweat evaporates quickly resulting in no real cooling effect on the body. Get home and dismount the sweat pours. It would not take much to end up in trouble if you did not load up on water prior and during the ride. Notice i said WATER NOT BEER. For those who ride when the temperature is HOT keep that in mind. I usually carry a few bottles of water in my day bag and in the last week have pulled over for two motorcycles that were dead on the side of the road. When i made the offer for some water the riders jumped on it. Keep it safe.

I tried to say how hot it was on my trip, especially Phoenix but boog pointed out that my helmet had not melted but it sure felt like it, cooling vest saved my bacon from getting crisp. Stay hydrated, a dizzy spell at speed is never fun.

Attachments

• BF5E2A38-EE96-461A-9D63-CAC9AD232DEA.jpeg
    BF5E2A38-EE96-461A-9D63-CAC9AD232DEA.jpeg
    371.3 KB · Views: 14
Hot here too bro. Going out again with Steel today. Maybe if we are lucky we’ll catch a thunderstorm.:rolleyes:

Back