sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I ride every summer with a few bottles of water in my daily bag. Yesterday ran up on a parked bike on Hwy 75. Owner was waiting on wife coming to rescue him with a trailer. 90 plus degrees and very uncomfortable to be stuck. When i reached into my bag and pulled the water out and handed him the bottles he was very surprised and grateful. After years of running up and down the highway to and from work have repeated this scenario several times. Hear the same thing every time from the stranded individual. "Wow your the first guy on a bike to stop" Think about that for awhile.

I have a friend that's in his mid 70s, dropped his bike almost across the street from my house, he said half a dozen bikes rode by without stopping, hard to believe. I wasn't home, but he called and waited at my house until I got home.

I ride every summer with a few bottles of water in my daily bag. Yesterday ran up on a parked bike on Hwy 75. Owner was waiting on wife coming to rescue him with a trailer. 90 plus degrees and very uncomfortable to be stuck. When i reached into my bag and pulled the water out and handed him the bottles he was very surprised and grateful. After years of running up and down the highway to and from work have repeated this scenario several times. Hear the same thing every time from the stranded individual. "Wow your the first guy on a bike to stop" Think about that for awhile.

I hope not stopping is "rare". I've never passed another biker on the side of the road (when able) unless it's obvious they are just taking pictures... a leak...etc... even in my truck.
-MIG

Yup, it's the right thing to do, my last occurrance was an older fellow on a BMW. His rear tire was flat. I stopped and used my CO2 to get him round again, then we both went to my house which was a few miles away. I was able to plug his tire and get him going, felt good to help another biker, especially one as old as he, probably 75 or so, but still enjoying his time on a bike.

It's always amazed me how often bikers ride right past other bikers. I try to always stop to at least check if there's any help I can offer.

Karma apparently served well at RAA West 18 last year when a random act of kindness got us unstranded with a friendly tow.

It's always amazed me how often bikers ride right past other bikers. I try to always stop to at least check if there's any help I can offer.

Karma apparently served well at RAA West 18 last year when a random act of kindness got us unstranded with a friendly tow.

I also stop, in fact, three times locally within the last two months. One guy on a GS had run out of gas but told me a a friend was on the way with some after thanking me. I told him my reserve light had just came on and he laughed and said he'd bring me some gas if I didn't make it to the station. Nice gent.

Yup, it's the right thing to do, my last occurrance was an older fellow on a BMW. His rear tire was flat. I stopped and used my CO2 to get him round again, then we both went to my house which was a few miles away. I was able to plug his tire and get him going, felt good to help another biker, especially one as old as he, probably 75 or so, but still enjoying his time on a bike.

Heh! Heh! Heh!
That be me, an "old biker".
Goodonya for caring enough to help! :inlove :thumbsup:
I hope you are around when I'm stuck! :thumbsup: :D

Back