Stop n Go Tire Repair Kit

HeR3tic

Living Legend
I encountered my first opportunity to fix a front tire puncture on the Rocket. I picked up a tar paper nail (big diameter head) in the near-to side wall area. The Stop and Go kit enabled a very very quick fix. Don't forget a bit of spittle or a drop of oil (from the reservoir tank) to hasten the mushroom plug through the injector nozzle.

While I had on hand a four pack of co2 cartridges to refill the very very under inflated tire I thought I could make it to the nearest filler up station. WRONG plan but I eventually made it; after finally finding a fourth station that actually had a fully operable air pump:mad: That fat ass front tire is a ***** to manage when it's that low. Each co2 cartridge will fill 8-9 psi. A four pack is just enough to get you to a filler up station at highway speed.

There are small pumps that don't take up much more space than the CO2 cartridges and they never run out of air. I carry a Cycle Pump, a little pricey but built like a tank. The Airman Sparrow is a good choice and a bit cheaper.

I'm toting around 8 cartridges for such local occasions. I have the whole shebang,string and mushroom kit with me and for trips take the electric slime pump. I'm seriously thinking of putting Ride-On in to keep on going WHEN it happens to the front tire.

How good do the mushroom plugs hold up over time/miles? My wallet is getting tapped out with replacing rear tires on both my bikes because of nails in the last 6 months.

Personally I'd only trust a plugged tire to get me home and to a dealer for replacement. That said, I've heard of folks running thousands of miles with plugs.

I put two of the string plugs in my truck same tire when they had 15000 miles and I just changed them about 3months ago and they had 65000 miles. On a bike? I think I would run them some but not until tire need to be replaced, unless I was running a dark side:p

Back