Stimulus Package Benefits Motorcyclists

TonyMac

Supercharged
Stimulus Package Benefits Motorcyclists, Dealers - Dealernews

Stimulus Package Benefits Motorcyclists, Dealers
Publish date: Feb 14, 2009

#htmlarticlebody div { display:none; } #htmlarticlebody #page1 { display:block; }Tax deductions for motorcycles and motorhomes have been added to the $787 billion economic stimulus package that previously applied to only automobiles and light trucks.
Under the new legislation developed in conference committee, purchasers of new cars, light trucks, motorhomes and motorcycles can deduct the sales and excise tax on the vehicle through the end of this year. President Barack Obama says he is eager to sign the overall bill.

The American Motorcyclist Association (AMA) and Motorcycle Industry Council (MIC) lobbied federal lawmakers to include motorcycles in their proposal. In a letter dated Feb. 10 to U.S. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), AMA VP for Government Relations Ed Moreland noted that on-road motorcycles are more fuel-efficient, offer reduced traffic and parking congestion and reduced impacts on roads and bridges when compared to cars and trucks. As such, he said, their use should be promoted, and motorcycles should be included in the final federal proposal that is produced by a House-Senate conference committee.

“Motorcycle riders are just as likely as other consumers of automobiles and light-duty trucks to have been hit hard by the economic downturn," Moreland says. “Moreover, motorcyclists typically purchase new bikes, apparel, vehicle servicing and aftermarket equipment from local dealers that are family-owned small businesses.

“This approach is an inclusive and equitable solution that provides much-needed relief to riders as well as those who sell motorcycles," Moreland says.

Four senators successfully lobbied for the inclusion of motorcycles in the legislation: Bob Casey (D-Pa.), Christopher Bond (R-Mo.), Russell Feingold (D-Wis.), and Herb Kohl (D-Wis.)

One guy from Missouri (KC HD plant where sportsters and V-rods are made), One guy from Pennsylvania (HD plant in York) and two guys from Wisconsin (HD's HQ) all sponsered this legislation. I cant say that I blame them as their job is to look out for their home states, and it looks like all riders in the market will benefit. I guess it the "porkulus" bill has to come to pass, then I guess we all can benefit somehow.

Too bad I bought mine used last year. I suppose Il hafta console myself that I paid 13500 for a bike w/ 1700 miles (basically new) that was purchased new for 16900, only a few months prior. Oh yea, the initial tune up had already been peformed and about $600 in accessories were on the bike so I guess I dont feel bad not getting a tax credit.

I feel better, now everyone hurry up and get a new T-Bird to add to the stable, and get this economy going!

I was thinking the same thing. Doesn't help me much. Of course the mortgage bailout isn't going to help me either as I bought what I could afford and made all my payments on time for my house.

I heard that bill got pulled out at the last minute. Anybody else hear this????

mutt

It passed last Friday. Obama insisted that it must pass in a hurry or all manner of bad things will happen, and so the legislature passed it without even reading it. Fortunately only three sniveling cowardly Republicans voted for it, Snow, Collins, and Sphincter.....er Spectre.

I will say this for Obama, he sure has stimulated gun and ammo sales. I don't think the leftists who have taken over this country realize fully how well armed Americans are......

It passed last Friday. Obama insisted that it must pass in a hurry or all manner of bad things will happen, and so the legislature passed it without even reading it. Fortunately only three sniveling cowardly Republicans voted for it, Snow, Collins, and Sphincter.....er Spectre.

I will say this for Obama, he sure has stimulated gun and ammo sales. I don't think the leftists who have taken over this country realize fully how well armed Americans are......

...Or how many leftists have ADV bikes either.........:D

The 3 Musketeers will never get re-elected again, the party will make sure of that and I'm sure the voters will be reminded when the re-election comes around. They might be holding out hope that Obama appoints them to some cabinet position in his next term, if there is a next term. I'm wondering if he makes it through this term. He is already disenfranchised with the position, you can see that in his absence from Washington...out somewhere else instead of in the Oval office. I believe he realizes now, that Pelosi, Reid and the rest of the Democrat mongers are calling the shots and he's the fall guy.

The Dems have been waiting for a long time to regain power. They had a pile of pork and kiss and tell bills and appropriations they want to cram down the citizens throats...and they did. I'm sure they are all just tickled to death that they finally got what they wanted. Problem is, now is not the time. Now is the time for bipartisan cooperation, tax cuts and progressive thinking on the part of our elected officials, not pork politics. The fragile economy can't take the strain and I'm afraid the Dems have made a very serious blunder. Of course when the kaka hits the fan, they will all sit back and let it, because, after all, that's what Obama is for.

I didn't vote for him but I feel his pain. His promises to the American people are just that, promises deviod of substance and I still say he will become the most unpopular President in modern times. It's not his doing but he still bears the responsibility because, after all, he's the Commander and Chief.

Problem with real estate is you never own it. It might be paid for but it's not yours because if you don't pay the taxes, the gummit forecloses and you loose it.
The answer to this is Allodial Title. IF you can manage a good lawyer to effect obtaining of such. It's a sham shame all around. You really aren't a king in your own home until you really own it via Allodial Title.

Back