Still a Head scratcher......

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Righto....
Since new, my Roadster handlebars have sat a wee bit askew....the wheel points a shade to the right when i'm riding down the road. Bear in mind we ride on the left here.
I know we put that down to camber but is it that or what? Of course, my front tyre wears more on the right and i have to assume it's because of the camber.
The reason i bring this up is because i'm changing my front tyre soon because it's wearing hard on the right. My 2014 Roadster did the same thing and apparently alot of other guys Rockets do too.
If the wheel pointed straight, the bloody tyre would last alot longer so am i farting against thunder here or can someone hear me and throw some remedial light on this?
I read somewhere where engine mount bolts can be released and re-torqued to straighten things up....??? Does this make sense to anyone?
c'mon you guru's.....throw some light on this or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Have you tried checking the wheel alignment, perhaps with the string method?
I had an older bike that crashed, it twisted the front forks. Loosened all the mounts and straighten them out.

Rick

Righto....
Since new, my Roadster handlebars have sat a wee bit askew....the wheel points a shade to the right when i'm riding down the road. Bear in mind we ride on the left here.
I know we put that down to camber but is it that or what? Of course, my front tyre wears more on the right and i have to assume it's because of the camber.
The reason i bring this up is because i'm changing my front tyre soon because it's wearing hard on the right. My 2014 Roadster did the same thing and apparently alot of other guys Rockets do too.
If the wheel pointed straight, the bloody tyre would last alot longer so am i farting against thunder here or can someone hear me and throw some remedial light on this?
I read somewhere where engine mount bolts can be released and re-torqued to straighten things up....??? Does this make sense to anyone?
c'mon you guru's.....throw some light on this or am i barking up the wrong tree?

Oh no...this has instantly triggered my compulsive obsessive disorder...Why did you do it?...I know...a dog collar will fix it!

Raise front tire off ground just enough for tire be unweighted. Loosen axle pinch bolts, loosen axle, loosen all fork tube pinch bolts. Tighten axle just shy of its torque specs. Tighten fork tube pinch bolts. Torque axle, tighten axle pinch bolts.
That fixed mine :D

You can also check to see if the fork tubes are flush with the top of the triple tree where the caps are to access the front springs.

Had the same thing on my 07 Classic and never got around to doing the simple fix. My son has it now and this reminds me that I have to do this simple fix next time I visit.

Back