Bc fisherman

Supercharged
I am still haveing isues with this thing when I run the bike with it unpluged the bike seems to pull good but when trying to run at steady rpm like at 40 /50 klm it sounds and feels like the timeing is out missing and poping I have had this thing apart 4 times now and it always runs good for awhile after I kleen it this time I washed the motor part out with electrical contact cleaner and lube up the auger part went for test ride last night and it seemd fine again but dont no for how long

with it unhook and less then 6% throttle the ecu is making adjustments based on the map sensor, temp sensor and O2 sensor. it does it calculations and adjust the A/F and stepper motor to control how much air is getting by the throttle plates. so if you take one of these things out of play it has to have some sort of affect. sound to me like it is starting to run rich at them speeds Of course I can not tell you if that is in the ^5 range or not just that a few of these things work together to get desired results. Us Fa guys without map sensor's have to tune around this. If memory serves me right Walt and Peter are the only ones using a DFA to intercept voltage signals and change them to what the ECU can understand. Captain C might be using a PC3 and multi function hub to work around this.
Oh and Brembo uses the multifunction hub also.
the PCV was supposed to merge all this into one unit but they are having some issues on the one for the Rocket.

I am not much of a tec geek I would just like to make it run right cause its a pain when you pull up to a lite and it runs at 1500 /2000 rpm . I like the bike but had I known how crappy the fuel system works I would have bought a HD

Hey you want to try a different stepper motor? I have one laying around somewhere. Have you done any mods to it like tripple filters or had the top of it disasembled. The reason I ask is the poping sounds like a vaccuum leak and maybe something got disturbed. If you had the valves run for like the 10k maintenace the tech might have missed something putting her back together. It could also be a bad rubber cap on one of the throttle bodies. Each one of them has two ports one on each to the map sensor and one plug on each I remeber a tech telling me to check that before I go thinking its something else like the TPS sensor.

Only mods are cat delet and tors and it only sounds like its missing when the stepper motor is unpluged for awhile nothings bin apart since last year dealer tor down motor did some upgrades no cost to me bike ran fine till I got home frome road trip last summer thenI started to play with the stepper motor took it apart cleaned it and was fine any time I have isues with high rpm it always comes down to that silly stepper motor.

send me your address I will look around tomorrow and find the stepper motor and ship it to you if it works maybe you can talk Triumph into a new one if not you can keep it and enjoy.
do you have tune boy?

Back