Starting Problems

How about spending that extra nickle and just using a stupid relay? Running that kind of juice through any kind of switch is just dumb, the arcing alone is enough to eventually wear the tungsten off the points. That's what quick moving relays are for.

Thank to everyone for helping me out...Scowherd you may use my story. I purchased my Triumph in SD Cal...(Rocket Motorcycle) So far the owner has been very helpful, since the bike is still under warrenty I will let them fix whatever is wrong...

However I will get a small multi meter and some wire for things like this.

Lastly, would someone be so kind to let me know where the ignition relay is?

Thanks again
JP
http://www.r3owners.net/members/scowherd.html

I believe the relays are under the right side panel except for the EB relays I've installed.

Starting Problem Fix

Hello All

Again thanks to everyone for the keen insight in helping me diagnosing my problem. Well this past weekend I was determine to fine and/or fix my problem now that I was armed with information. Off came the gas tank and both side panels. As I was trying to find the ignition harness and connectors I had left the key on just in case. Well, well, once I grabbed the connector for the ignition everything came on. So I disconnected the 2 cables and inspected the connectors, a couple looked a bit discolored. Well have the triumph dealer check that out. It appear as though the harness coming from the switch was twisted and may have added some undo strain on the harness and the connector was under a some other plug which looks like something to use for diagnostics. Anyway removed the twist, made sure everything was straight without binding, plug the connectors until I heard "CLICK" everything appears fine.

Thank to everyone
I hope someday I can return the favor.

Back