Starting Problems

JPatnode

.020 Over
Hello All

Encounter a bit of a problem today and need some help. Just returned a few days ago from a 900 mile trip (it was great by the way). Parked the rocket after the trip, went out today to change oil and nothing happens when I turn the key. No lights just horn, turn signals and brake lights.

Things I have checked.
1. Battery...12.8 volts
2 All fuzes...good
3 Relays on the left side unplugged and plugged back in.
4, Jumped the bike, Just to rule out the battery

Nothing.

Thanks in advance for any help..

jp

Starting Problem

Good idea...but nothing. Although have not lifted the gas tank to follow it all the way back.

thanks
JP

Sounds like a relay

Yup, I'd say you've lost a relay. Search the forums for a previous response.

(Or just swap out relays until you locate the bad one.)

Piece of cake.

Hello All

Encounter a bit of a problem today and need some help. Just returned a few days ago from a 900 mile trip (it was great by the way). Parked the rocket after the trip, went out today to change oil and nothing happens when I turn the key. No lights just horn, turn signals and brake lights.

Things I have checked.
1. Battery...12.8 volts
2 All fuzes...good

Nothing.

jp

Hello All

Things I have checked.
1. Battery...12.8 volts
2 All fuzes...good

Nothing.

jp

No headlights? No instrument lights? No gauge sweeps? I would suspect a stuck cross-over relay if thats the case, but without more specific information you could be chasing the wrong rabbit. What does it do when you click the ignition switch on (or not do). My first impulse is to say you need to check the connections at the ignition switch. If those check out you have a bad ground.

Yup, sounds just like another ignition switch. Have you added any accessories?

The switch is a common failure point and Triumph should be doing something about it. Right now the only permanent fix is to replace the switch and install an Easter Beaver relay bypass kit or build your own.

Yup, sounds just like another ignition switch. Have you added any accessories?

The switch is a common failure point and Triumph should be doing something about it. Right now the only permanent fix is to replace the switch and install an Easter Beaver relay bypass kit or build your own.

They could simply use bigger diameter wires to carry the load (dissipate heat) and solve the problem. The resistance of the small diameter wires causes them to get over heated without blowing the fuses. That resistance to current flow shows up in the yellow headlights you see when stock. The EB kit allows all the current the lights need (55 watts worth (watts = volts X amps)). The voltage may be the same but the current flow is choked. Electrons move along the outside of a wire. In large capacity conductors like the main generator links of a power station the busses are hollow because the electricity never gets to the center of the conductor, it flows on the outside. Lesson concluded.:cool:

Back