Starter drive / bendix

I bought the repair kit some time ago, but this just repairs the solenoid. Starter drive is a separate unit that turns ring gear pressed on alternator rotor. Will take the drive by a parts house tomorrow and see if they can match it. If not will try rebuild shop and see if they can
Gerald did you ever get a match to replace gear or just take it to a rebuild shop? Thanks

Gerald did you ever get a match to replace gear or just take it to a rebuild shop? Thanks
Could not find a replacement drive, believe ours is left hand drive. Right hand were easy to get but not left. The company who sent original drive, which was wrong, beveled the gear opposite side, and works, but so seal on gear. Would suggest unless drive is really damaged, just leave it alone, and reuse it. I think seal stops oil from getting past drive, but haven't noticed a problem. Is there a way to do private messaging on here? I'd like to talk to you about your tuner.

Could not find a replacement drive, believe ours is left hand drive. Right hand were easy to get but not left. The company who sent original drive, which was wrong, beveled the gear opposite side, and works, but so seal on gear. Would suggest unless drive is really damaged, just leave it alone, and reuse it. I think seal stops oil from getting past drive, but haven't noticed a problem. Is there a way to do private messaging on here? I'd like to talk to you about your tuner.
Just sent u a message

Back