Standard GT equipment

ciderbaby

.020 Over
Ride
Vmax, KTM 990sd, Harley wide glide and soon R3gt
Hi all
I'm still in negotiations on buying a new GT. It appears theres only 2 Rockets available new in Ireland. I was told the main dealer has a GT and an R - both black (not the colour I wanted). But I need to move asap to avail of the personalisation contribution being offered atm.
I'm travelling to see them and do the deal tomorrow but now it transpires the the GT isn't a GT - it's an R with bars, foot controls and back rest fitted.
I know the seat height is different on GT and the wheels. Can anyone tell me what other standard equipment is fitted GT and not on the R ?

I also assume that an R with extras isn't the same retail price as a GT?

Hell you'd imagine if you have cash in your hand it would be easier to buy want you wanted

Differences on the GT as compared to the R (before modification) are:
  • Foot peg position is forward
  • Heatshields on headers cover more area
  • Heated grips
  • Flyscreen
  • Backrest
  • Wheels and color schemes
  • Seats
So if it's an "R" with just the items you listed added, your ankles on the forward pegs will roast due to the use of the smaller "R" heatshields.

Last edited:
Thanks Eskimo. They would be on by list of must haves. I get the feeling these guys are going to look for the GT retail price for their converted R and I'm not having that. At least if I go for an R with €2750 to spend on extra I can pick most of what I want on it

Differences on the GT as compared to the R (before modification) are:
  • Foot peg position is forward
  • Heatshields on headers cover more area
  • Heated grips
  • Flyscreen
  • Backrest
  • Wheels and color schemes
  • Seats
Great. I assume the exhaust heat shields are important with the forward controls

Back