Spring Clean and Wax

Anodization is rather cheap and much more strong than a layer of epoxy paint !
Think that aluminium salts ( Al2O3 ) is used as very hard polishing material and
it is exactly what anodization is ( see Roadster front fork who is black tinted one)
But an anodized surface give an uniform and very thin layer ( around 10 to 30
microns ) And you will never have to polish your bulk aluminium !

Anodization is rather cheap and much more strong than a layer of epoxy paint !
Think that aluminium salts ( Al2O3 ) is used as very hard polishing material and
it is exactly what anodization is ( see Roadster front fork who is black tinted one)
But an anodized surface give an uniform and very thin layer ( around 10 to 30
microns ) And you will never have to polish your bulk aluminium !
Thanks, I could not find the level of brilliance that I would want.

Okay, before I spend a fortune on chrome cleaners, does anyone know what will remove boot rubber from chrome exhaust? I have tried what I had lying around; chrome polish, carb cleaner, aero-kroil and MEK (methyl ethyl keytone).
Anyone?
Thanks, Mark

Mark
get a wee bit of thin acrylic sheet like Perspex three inches long and an inch wide and snap it in half . Use the broken edge gently as a scraper and see if it takes the burnt rubber off. Needs patience, sometimes it's hard to find a good sharp edge! Then use a chrome cleaner to take off the last marks
Worth a try, worked for me and its cheap

You soon learn to keep your boots off the exhaust

Thanks, I'll give her a go. BTW the fair maiden on the back got a case of lazy feet. I'm looking into buying a set of boards for the rear.
Thats too funny. I had to go through the rules before I let my "fair maiden" on the bike. Boards are a great idea. Im trying to find a set of adjustable pegs that will work on the R3. Mine has long legs. :rolleyes:

cleaning exhaust

Okay, before I spend a fortune on chrome cleaners, does anyone know what will remove boot rubber from chrome exhaust? I have tried what I had lying around; chrome polish, carb cleaner, aero-kroil and MEK (methyl ethyl keytone).
Anyone?
Thanks, Mark

Get your pipes good and hot, spray on oven cleaner ,let it sit for 20 minutes then wipe off.

Back