I would think that if you are cruising down the highway at the Rocket's "comfortable" speed, I don't think the error will make much difference. If you are pulled over it will probably be because you were doing well over the speed limit and you'll just have to eat the ticket.

Dennis

25 dtg Dubai
26 dtg Home

been there done that

Doesn't correcting the speedo throw off the odometer though. I know my speedo is off by around 5mph, according to my GPS.

That would be a good debate. GPS vs Speedo.
We all know the speedo is off, but, what makes the GPS the definitive speed reference?
I realize that the triangulation makes for a more efficient calculation but........
if GPS can only pinpoint to say 100yds? (not sure -probably more like ft, either way)
then that inaccuracy must also be figured into the speed. So any thoughts???

mutt

reviving an old thread because my new r3r seems to be off quite a bit. the mechanic at my dealer said triumphs margin of acceptable error is 30% :eek:

will tune ecu fix this? and since it is not cable driven will the odometer be knocked out of whack?

thanks,
Steve

Steve...I doubt that seriuosly that the speedometer could have up to a 30% difference that would be an "acceptable" error. Even Gold Wingers would wince at that one as that is often a big topic over on their forums.

For a Triumph "technician" to spout that off as "truth" would lead me to suspect anything else he says as being not quite up to par.

Dennis

103 dtg Dubai
104 dtg Home for good!

well i may have exagorated a bit. point was that triumph accepts some high percentage of inaccuracy with the speedo. my thinking is that when someone gets a ticket they wont be able to sue triumph about the speedo hehe.

back to my question. will tune ecu correct this? will it affect the odometer?

well i may have exagorated a bit. point was that triumph accepts some high percentage of inaccuracy with the speedo. my thinking is that when someone gets a ticket they wont be able to sue triumph about the speedo hehe.

back to my question. will tune ecu correct this? will it affect the odometer?

Answers: yes & yes

Back