Pergy

Standard Bore
Can someone tell me how to get to the spark plugs? I lifted the tank and they seem very hard to get to. frame, wires, etc... in the way. What size socket? step by step instructions would be great.
thanks, scott

Ummm....I pulled the coil boots (I think that is what they are called) off of the spark plug and then used my spark plug socket to unscrew them out. I forget the size of the socket but there is a socket in our little tool kit that will work as well.

Really nothing to it.

:) I believe it's an 18mm socket and those plugs are about 2' below the valve cover...at least they seemed like it when I was attacking them....Helps to have all the original air intake system stripped out from under the tank and then it makes the viewing and working a lot easier...

I unfortunately had a dead sparkplug at 2000 kilometers, which caused me interesting way back home as I was a fair bit away. :mad: Anyway after the dealer found out what and where the problem was and fixed it, I made sure that I can help myself if that ever occurs again. To get to the busines I bought a magnetic 18 mm sparkplug end to my wrench, by Kamasa tools. That and 10 cm extra bit is enought to get to the plugs and as it is magnetic it is easy to remove the old one and put in the new one. Now I'm able to fix it in matter of minutes easily. Not that I had the same problem, or any for that matter, for the las 8000 kilometers.

matti said:
I unfortunately had a dead spark plug at 2000 kilometers, which caused me interesting way back home as I was a fair bit away. :mad: Anyway after the dealer found out what and where the problem was and fixed it, I made sure that I can help myself if that ever occurs again. To get to the business I bought a magnetic 18 mm spark plug end to my wrench, by Kamasa tools. That and 10 cm extra bit is enought to get to the plugs and as it is magnetic it is easy to remove the old one and put in the new one. Now I'm able to fix it in matter of minutes easily. Not that I had the same problem, or any for that matter, for the las 8000 kilometers.

I've never had a spark plug die as early as your's did Matti except once about 10 months back. It was a Chinese made replacement plug for a 1970 Honda CT70 trail bike. My friend and owner of the power sports shop I purchased same said he was having many failures and had since canceled shipments from this Chinese made manufacturer. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!:D

That was also my first dead plug, and hopefully last one too.
As I said it was interesting drive to home, almost 200 kilometers and the engine was running most of the time with 2 cylinders and had about 10 hp and then every once in the while the second plug kicked in so that cylinder was alive after all and then I had the full power.... Not very smooth ride.

Now if I leave the house further than 100 miles I have pair of plugs with me.

Back