Sorry If I Lead Anyone Astray - Avon Is Pulling A Fast One

rahoffman2

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 Touring
Avon is not honoring rebates for Cobra tires purchased from Rock Mountain ATV! They are changing the rules after the fact!!!! I've bought their tires for 5 years from Rocky mountain ATV and have always received a rebate. Rocky Mountain ATV did not give an "instant rebate!"

Bad Business Avon!!!

Avon sent me this email - "Our online partners, like Rocky Mountain ATV, were giving an instant rebate – meaning the price you paid for the tire(s) during our promotion was already discounted either $20 for a front or $30 for a rear. The online rebate form that you submitted was intended for customers who would have purchased an Avon Cobra tire at retail, paying full price, and then submitting the form to receive their rebate money. Customers were not eligible for both the online rebate and the mail-in."

Don Argento
Account Manager
Avon Motorcycle Tyres

You mericans get great pricing anyway A in. Or a rear would cost $400++ in OZ:confused:

I say that is acceptable. We are buying at a deep discounted price at RMATV. The price you would pay at a bike shop for the Cobra even with a rebate is far more than you would ever pay at RMATV.

I understood the rebate was in the RMATV reduced purchase price during the month of April. I purchased a front and rear tire. Front was $106.88 and the rear was $203.88. I got both tires for less than the retail cost of the rear tire.

I understood the rebate was in the RMATV reduced purchase price during the month of April. I purchased a front and rear tire. Front was $106.88 and the rear was $203.88. I got both tires for less than the retail cost of the rear tire.
I didn't. RMATV had the rebate form on their website.
Yes, it was a good price. Just don't like the rules changing after the fact.

Not sure why you would expect that double dip for the sake of $20 or $50 would be OK or worthy of complaint....
It's obvious that someone somewhere is being charged a premium so others can buy cheap. Be grateful you"re not paying the equivalent of $490 USD a set like we do in Australia (no discounts)

I just purchased a Bridgestone rear tire from Rocky Mountain ATV / MC. Afterwards I found elsewhere about a rebate on Bridgestone tires and attempted to submit a claim form on bridgestone's website. There were multiple issues and they also wanted the original receipt no copies accepted all I have is the email invoice. I couldn't send it in the file type they requested so I just gave up after 3 days of trying. Then I got an email from Rocky Mountain ATV / MC. It read, the tire you have just purchased is eligible for a rebate. For your conveniencewe have set up a claim form on our website . Fill in your information and we will do the rest. Most of the info was already filled in, rebate submitted in one minute. The tire was already less then I could find anywhere else, free shipping, ordered the tire on Tuesday, forgot to add balance beads, contacted then via chat on Wednesday to add the beads to my previous order( so I don't have to pay shipping) received both on Thursday. All said and done $135.00 for tire and balance beads. Installation, priceless. No question where I'll get the front tire from. IMG_20170503_102416.jpg

Back