Where did you get the seat with no pillion?
Looks like he replaced the pillion seat with one of the accessory infills (there are 2) from Triumph - you can check it out on the Triumph site.

If yours is the 3R, this is the infill you need to replace the pillion.

PILLION INFILL - SPORTS​

PART NUMBER: A9700879
The pillion infill matches and contours perfectly to the Sports Rider Seat, changing your Rocket into a single seater motorcycle whilst concealing pillion seat fixings and revealing more of the rear mudguard. Features a stylish Triumph badge on the rear.
$156.000

Looks like he replaced the pillion seat with one of the accessory infills (there are 2) from Triumph - you can check it out on the Triumph site.

If yours is the 3R, this is the infill you need to replace the pillion.

PILLION INFILL - SPORTS​

PART NUMBER: A9700879
The pillion infill matches and contours perfectly to the Sports Rider Seat, changing your Rocket into a single seater motorcycle whilst concealing pillion seat fixings and revealing more of the rear mudguard. Features a stylish Triumph badge on the rear.
$156.000
Thank you!

There has been some discussion about the original Triumph soft luggage. Here is my experience: I bought the original 20l bags with the vehicle (important, more in a moment). The bags were later supplied with a set of waterproof inner liners as the outer liners supplied with the bags did not stop water from entering the bags. The zippers are flimsy and one broke after my fourth or fifth trip with the bags. The bags were recently replaced as part of the extended four-year warranty with the new 25l bags that have a zipped-in inner liner. They look a little more solid to me but I yet have to try them out.

Here is the important part: If you bought your Rocket with the bags fitted at the time of purchase, the bags are covered under the same warranty as the bike itself: 2 years plus 2 years of extended warranty. If, however, you bought the bags separately, they come with the warranty of an accessory, which is just *one* year (at least here in Europe). I was lucky to get a set of new and improved bags almost for free (a service fee of 50€ applies for the second half of the four year warranty).

There has been some discussion about the original Triumph soft luggage. Here is my experience: I bought the original 20l bags with the vehicle (important, more in a moment). The bags were later supplied with a set of waterproof inner liners as the outer liners supplied with the bags did not stop water from entering the bags. The zippers are flimsy and one broke after my fourth or fifth trip with the bags. The bags were recently replaced as part of the extended four-year warranty with the new 25l bags that have a zipped-in inner liner. They look a little more solid to me but I yet have to try them out.

Here is the important part: If you bought your Rocket with the bags fitted at the time of purchase, the bags are covered under the same warranty as the bike itself: 2 years plus 2 years of extended warranty. If, however, you bought the bags separately, they come with the warranty of an accessory, which is just *one* year (at least here in Europe). I was lucky to get a set of new and improved bags almost for free (a service fee of 50€ applies for the second half of the four year warranty).
I bought mine used and was told they were 20L but they do have zipped in liners. Yes these bags leak. I really wish Givi/Triumph made hard clam shell bags that fit the Triumph brackets.

I'm in the process of adapting the top-box I originally designed for one of my sports bikes.
It's not got a 'go around the world' level of storage but its good enough for a long weekend when paired up with a tank bag.
I'm not a huge fan of panniers as they usually add too much width to the bike which makes filtering through traffic limiting. Plus they add to aerodynamic drag.

Resize of IMG_20221231_161800.jpg

Back