I was bottoming or within 3mm of doing so, at most. Not from bumps, from braking or hitting big bumps mid corner.

The internal hydraulic stop makes sense, and explains why my suspension guy couldn’t see it, good to know!
M

This duscussion is why I finally went to an expert, Barry Wressell. He gets it right the first time. He and his van can be seen at the track on race days.

The thing about suspension, it’s a subjective “best” that differs from rider to rider.

My idea of best is a suspension that doesn’t hide road irregularities, is firm, and well controlled. Something that takes the harsh edge off bumps but still lets me feed them, so I know what grip I’ve got. Personally I like minimal rebound damping, just enough to prevent bouncing of the wheel over bumps, many people like much tighter rebound as it usually translates to a feeling of rider confidence.

Many would prefer softer, that smooths out bumps and makes the road feel like glass.

Different strokes for different folks and purposes!

many people like much tighter rebound as it usually translates to a feeling of rider confidence.
Too much and it most certainly does not. Part of the reason I dislike "adjusters" is that one day some little bastard will play with them whilst it is parked up. Rode home one day from work on the Buell and was terrified. Found the adjusters wound in all the way.

Stock R3 fork internals are crap ....I have Maxton internals JOB DONE :thumbsup: ....Hagon Nitros on the rear .......if I ever rode a bog standard again .......err wash my mouth put....I wouldn’t :thumbsdown:

Back