snow in the UK

We just got hit with one of the worst Northeast storm surges in years . .Berts is a restaurant just down the street from me it got shattered. Winds hit 80 MPH here .That's my F-350 crossing the bridge my neighbor took of me.Just made it home,the other way was closed due to the amount of trees down.
I just got my electricity back on,hundreds of homes are still in the dark. What's a little snow..;)

We have been spared snow - but high winds and lot's of water. No power Wednesday. Thursday the Land Rover aquaplaned all 4 wheels. Had a short break in the rain yesterday and we went to get some food. Wood fire lit - If I need owt important (like Rum) next week (I have some 2017 leave to use up) , Amazon can bring it.

In the UK- we get a bit of snow and the coutry grinds to a halt. Flooded roads and the same thing. High winds and the whole infrastructure falls apart. Those scenes you have posted would seem world ending here. Fantastic footage - makes you realise just how lucky we are.

Went to Tesco today - you would think the zombie apocalypse was near. Most shelves empty or sell by dates tomorrow. Unbelievable :mad:
I thought it was the zombie apocalypse, polished me guns , checked me ammo stocks , sharpened me gut hook and bugger me twas all over ! Two days of work missed and never got to fire a shot ! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Knowing how testy the Atlantic can be especially on the East Coast from North Carolina and northward, I sure as heck would not build a house looking right down on the water! Couple miles back MAYBE. Heck....just leave me in the mountains. Of course here we have flash floods....

We lived about 30 miles from Portland, Maine in the late 70s and got hit by a Nor'easter or two but nothing like that. Salt water running off the roofs. Holy cow!

I think I'll quit griping about Washington weather. While the winters can be depressing, we do not get severe or destructive weather like they do on the eastern seaboard.

Back