scot in exile

Living Legend
Ride
2011 Rocket
My local Triumph Dealership had a few bikes that needed miles put on them before the Triumph truck picks them up for Daytona, anyhoo I have had a Thruxton for the last three days they needed 500miles on it (no problem for me on any weekend) so I gladly helped out.
Nice riding bike corners excellent, looks good, sounds good with the old british rasp in your ear, a wee bit sore on the arse after 100miles non stop.
The bike can get up and go but you have to use the gears unlike the Rocket which will pull in any gear. It is a bike that I would like as a second bike for zipping around town or for little trips.
Will take it back this Tuesday and hopefuly pick up a Bonny that needs some miles.

I rode the '09 Triumph Fleet demo they have. They are a fun bikes for sure. Hey, if you want, I'll meet you over there Saturday and maybe we can take a couple out for a hundred miles or so. I'll likely be taking my Thunderbird over for the 500 mile service. That should give us plenty of time to get a hundred miles or so on a couple of demos. :)

Go ahead guys and rub it in. I remember when I worked there we had no problem putting miles on those bikes, I'd take one home once or twice a week and have fun with a different bike. That was one of the 'bennies of working there...it would sure be nice if I could get that job back again when I'm done over here...wishful thinking I'm sure.

Dennis

81 dtg Kuwait
82 dtg Home

Jealous am I...I always liked the look of the Thruxton but have never riden one. I'm sure there a blast to ride. I rode my bicycle today, how sick is that!

Uh....when I was home in March of '07 and first picked it up I put on the required 500 miles during my two week R&R before returning to Afghanistan. I then left it at the dealer to have him to the 500 mile service and install all the accessories that were originally ordered for the new bike (but had not arrived yet while I was home) before I came back for my "supposedly" last time to go overseas in May of '07 six weeks later.

Supposedly I may have my Rocket sold:), I do have an interested buyer...we will see how it goes.

Dennis

81 dtg Kuwait
82 dtg Home

Back