Silver Engine Powder Coat Problem

Wow that is crazy I herd they had problems with the grey engine thats why they came out with the black, I hope that doesn't happen to mine.
If it does I'll have it all taken apart and have all the engine done in that black chrome, now that would look cool.

This is only one out of thousands of silver engines. I was just asking if anyone else had this issue. I could have a engine finished by some guy with a hangover on an early morning in July 2004 who didn't clean my engine properly before it was coated.. :eek:

I'm sure glad I waited For the black engines to come out in 2006 when i bought mine. I think they just look better black.

To me that tells me the bike did not get your attention in 04 like it did for those that bought one the moment it cam out,Silver black or which ever colour it would be.I brought mine the day i saw it was released in AU;)

This is the factory powdercoat from Triumph..

I sent a RFI and one of your pictures to Akzonobel Powder Coatings, a manufacture of powder.
The rep there (who by the way owns a HD) said that "the powder is probably a heat resistant acrylic powder.
Because of age and the constant temp fluctuations (hot/cold) this can happen. He said he has seen this also on Harley's."

Who knows who the powder manufacture was at that time, maybe ICI?

This could be the reason that Triumph changed to coating the motors black, could be a more temperature tolerant product.
Of course, a black color wouldn't show the problem as much!

I would be interested, if you contacted a Triumph dealer, would they shed some light on the subject.

Cheers. Eric.

Back