Sears Bike Lift

I shopped around since they all perform the same way and lift the bike I went with Harbor Frieght at 69$

Harbor Fright Junk

Baggage1 said:
I shopped around since they all perform the same way and lift the bike I went with Harbor Frieght at 69$

I'd be real cautious with anything from Harbor Fright. (not mis-spelled). All their cheap stuff is junk. Lifting a 16K plus bike with it, not for me.

I think I'd rather shove the bike on it's side to pull the drain plugs rather than trust a Harbor Fright lift.:flame:

My next bike lift trick to try is going to be this: Lift the bike, start it in gear and hold a steel wool pad soaked with aluminum polish against the rear wheel to polish the tarnished aluminum that will devlope over time. Does this work? It seems like it should. Just don't remove a hand in the process. I have done a lot of dumb ass things in my life, maybe this is the next one.

Steel wool only for '06 wheels and newer. The previous years are clear coated.

BTW I just changed my oil and found that it drained a lot quicker if I kept the engine running. I would assume a coolant change would work the same way.;)

High buck bike lift

I have to tell you guys I do have a Sears bike lift but I never use it anymore and it's for sale. All joking aside.

I installed an overhead hoist in the shop with a steel beam that runs the length of the shop and an IR one ton air operated hoist on a trolley. I put it primarily for moving heavy objects from my big lathe and to help mount the chucks, but it makes a nice bike lift too. I just use a nylon sling to lift the bike up to get underneath.

Back