Scratching my head over these new Triple Blacks....

Prefer these

Attachments

• 20200527_162853.jpg
    20200527_162853.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 28
...delivered the Gt to its new owner today.....now i hurry up and wait....mid july theyre saying..
..oh!...and i took delivery of it on the '16th' of the month and delivered it on the 16th of this month....wooooo..a bit spooky!lol.

Last edited:
I have been watching a few vids on the new Triple blacks and found i'm wondering about a few things....
I have a GT now in black because i wasnt to keen on the silver...i see the the new Triple black GT has silver on the front of the tank....not sure about that choice...the rest of the bike is cool!
The R model is more menacing looking in its stance but then im not sure about the matt finish.....if you wanted the backrest for a passenger or maybe to hold luggage...could you get that in black?...I suppose you could?
Just tossing stuff around in my head...
Then im thinking....what will the 2022 models of the Gt and R look like?...should a man wait?....so many questions...
then...the bike i have now is a honey too...just be content Tal...geeez!!
I just picked up the backrest for my 2022 3R in black, haven't put it on yet, I'll post a pick when I do. I was hoping it would be a simpler on/off, as I prefer the look of the bike without it, but the wife keeps complaining about flying off the back.:cool:

Just too much black, IMHO. Blacker-than-black, black-on-black, all-blacked-out, everything or as much as possible black? Simply OTT - I've already said this in another post. It was cool six years ago. It has become too common now, even old - especially if OEMs start doing it. Each to their own, though.

The TFC is as black as I would go. And the owners who black it out themselves seem to do a better job than the OEMs - again, only my opinion. They often add 1) well-judged sprinklings of carbon and black chrome as well as satin black instead of matte black, 2) contrast cuts and say slimmers of yellow or red and 3) make sure it remains 'their own' - unique - not the same as another on a showroom floor. Even my 10-year old Victory Hammer 8-ball was all black, but with plenty of contrast cuts and odd bits of chrome thrown in for some balance - not simply 'all black'.

I own two bikes with matte paintwork. It is hard work keeping their finishes pristine. You cannot use regular polishes and waxes on it. And the available stuff - I use Swissvax® - costs a fortune.
Is this the product you're using? Swissvax Have you tried any of there other products for Matte finishes? (spot cleaner, pre-cleaner, etc) Thanks!

...delivered the Gt to its new owner today.....now i hurry up and wait....mid july theyre saying..
..oh!...and i took delivery of it on the '16th' of the month and delivered it on the 16th of this month....wooooo..a bit spooky!lol.
You may be officially the first rocket owner to own a 2020 and 2021 GT. Well done. You seem to be going through the Rockets like ex-wives. Could a 2022 be on the horizon if it fancies you? I'm thinking you dig the anticipation also. Hope it gets to you soon. 👍 🏍

You may be officially the first rocket owner to own a 2020 and 2021 GT. Well done. You seem to be going through the Rockets like ex-wives. Could a 2022 be on the horizon if it fancies you? I'm thinking you dig the anticipation also. Hope it gets to you soon. 👍 🏍
Should be here mid july im hoping....the GT was a 21 according to the vin...the GT Black may very well be a 22..?

I'm thinking you dig the anticipation also. Hope it gets to you soon.
i do dig the anticipation.....reminds me of a when i was young..its friday...hot date coming on friday night...cant wait...should i knock the top off it before i get to her just to impress her with my ability to stay!?.....you know the feeling right?

Back