The head bearings were not adjusted correctly at the factory, the recommended method does not remove all the freeplay in the headstock. The dealer had to re-adjust the head bearings outside the recommended method to remove all the freeplay.

Had the same problem with the rear brake getting air in the line somewhere. Dealer replaced the ABS module and so far so good. Now one of my poorly made panniers zipper has bit the dust!! Anyone have any other pannier options?? Man I really do love this bike. Went to a bike and coffee Sunday last week and most folks took a while to warm up to the big girl, but then a bunch of Triumph riders started asking questions! I think most people just don't know what to make of it. I tell them one ride should do it:p:p:p
I watched the dealer bleed the rear brake on my 2020GT. He used a vacuum pump at the caliper end, and a second person depressed the rear brake pedal at the same time
and quite a bit of air was expelled. Dealer said the pedal pressure alone wasnt enough to get all the air past the anti-lock braking system. He used a whole bottle of
Dot4 before all the air was gone. The reservoir level went down really fast using both procedures.. Rear brake is hard as a rock now.

Had the same problem with the rear brake getting air in the line somewhere. Dealer replaced the ABS module and so far so good. Now one of my poorly made panniers zipper has bit the dust!! Anyone have any other pannier options?? Man I really do love this bike. Went to a bike and coffee Sunday last week and most folks took a while to warm up to the big girl, but then a bunch of Triumph riders started asking questions! I think most people just don't know what to make of it. I tell them one ride should do it:p:p:p
Hi Mark. Is your rear brake still good? I'm due for a 2nd air bleed in a few weeks, but I suspect it wont rectify the problem. Hoping I can get it fixed though, as it's a hell of a worry try to haul-up a third of a ton without any rear anchors. Kind regards, Nick

Back