Russell Seat: Done deal

Man, I just got my Russell seat in Oct. Only had a chance(due to all these freakin' storms and flooding) to ride it about 100 miles. I didn't have any issues in that short of a ride...butt(get it?) I suspect it will be a major comfort improvement. I had them work with my Triumph Longhaul seat. I only had the "buildup" on the driver's seat..butt(again?) they went ahead and padded up the pillion as well. I looks great...and feels fantastic. If I can find my camera, I'll post a pic. My total, with shipping, was $590.00. Leather seat and Nylon inserts.

Did they put the suspension in the seats or just the build up foam? Also did you get a driver backrest? Just trying to see why the difference in cost.

j

They put suspension in the Front(my) seat, and built up the foam in the pillion. I think the major cost difference is that I sent them my Long Haul Touring seat instead of the stock one...so I already had a backrest.

They put suspension in the Front(my) seat, and built up the foam in the pillion. I think the major cost difference is that I sent them my Long Haul Touring seat instead of the stock one...so I already had a backrest.

Got it. They also put suspension in the pillion and matched the pillion backrest material with mine and we got the weatherproof covers which are nice for washing the bike and bad weather of course. .By the way what did your original long haul seat cost?

j

Got it. They also put suspension in the pillion and matched the pillion backrest material with mine and we got the weatherproof covers which are nice for washing the bike and bad weather of course. .By the way what did your original long haul seat cost?

j
I want to say it was in the $425.00 range w/back rest. So...yeah, I've got 1100 dollars into it!!

Will do. Say, I plan to ride down that way in the Spring. Maybe we could meet up for a ride...that way, I'll have a true "report" on the R.D.L. Seat!!

We would enjoy that. Let us know you plans and we can get it on the calendar. We are in Atascadero, just inland from San Luis Obispo off Hwy 101.

J

Back