Rockets Across America (RAA) Announcement

I'm not offended.

For someone looking at the situation "from the outside", there were several issues and factors that led up to the way RAA is being handled this year. For what started out as a way to test software for my other sites, I never thought a circumstance would come up where I'm having to enforce the ownership of a name of an event.

My hope is that someday folks will be able to overcome their "barriers" and enjoy each other's company again. Until then, I'm just doing what is necessary to keep the tradition going until they come back. In a couple years, if nothing changes and Scowherd still enjoys running it, we can discuss whatever options are suggested.

So if someone wants to use the RAA name for a worthwhile project, I believe it would be reasonable for the originators to ask me why I either approved or denied it at some later date. The reason for this is out of respect for their efforts and the community that fostered it.

All online communities change and grow from an initial belief. What is unique about R3Owners.Net is that for me it was purely a software-testing opportunity (I always had backups, but killed this site three times in it's first year during testing efforts); it was your peers who believed in themselves and developed this community. Most of them aren't around now, and I don't do significant testing here any longer, but in general I always guard what they developed or created for a while. In my experience, a significant percentage return, while others move on to other interests. If they do come back, it will likely be to a different community (depends on what the Mods want), which is another hard reality as communities develop.

No one needs to feel any great anxiety over this, there was already too much taking place before the decisions were made public. The bottom line is if there is an idea, please share it with the RAA Committee for discussion.

Last edited:
Scowerd

i think steve is the best choice....so far he has done quite well....hell to the cheif...lol...gotta love scowerd!

Thank you

yes, i too wanted to say thank you to webmaster for letting us continue on with our name an club! We all really appreciate it! Once again, thanks from all of us rocket riders! :)

I need to remind everyone that R3Owners.Net still retains ownership of the name Rockets Across America, as previously stated at the beginning of this announcement.

No one can use the name for any purpose without prior approval.

The reason for this is to control how it is being used, and what purpose it is serving.

Some will have seen the initial germ of an idea for something along RAA lines, Downunder, including the suggestion that it be called Rockets Across Australia. What if any involvement of R3Owners.net is desired or expected if interest in such an event was to gather momentum? Any issues with use of that name?

Some will have seen the initial germ of an idea for something along RAA lines, Downunder, including the suggestion that it be called Rockets Across Australia. What if any involvement of R3Owners.net is desired or expected if interest in such an event was to gather momentum? Any issues with use of that name?

RAA and Rockets Across America are all that is being protected. I realize that replacing America with Australia presents a problem, but am open to discussion.

Just don't go and do something that would cause an obvious issue without initial discussion.

Thanks. So much easier than "Motorcycles with numerous issues associated with poor quality parts, and lack of manufacturer support Across America" don't you think?:eek:

Semantics...I see, distancing oneself from obligations of resoponsiblities but declaring conversation on the same subject as an ownership matter, smells. Derivatives, what a plunder!

Youve given me a lot of slack. I appreciate very much, Shawn, your openess to free speach.

Rockets Aross America is not a solely owned interance. In common coversation anyone may speak of 'any "RAA I" through RAAWWWW' as an event; was not yours. To wit you absolve all ill and...

JUST MY OPINION ,BUT IF YOU HAVE TO STATE NASTY MESSAGES ABOUT THE WEBMASTER BECAUSE HE HAS TO POST HIS ASSOCIATION RULES DUE TO LEGALITIES, THEN YOU NEED TO MAN UP AN GET THE HELL OFF THE SITE!!! HE IS THEIR FOR OUR PROTECTION, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AN HELP. SO PLEASE GROW UP AN BE THANKFUL THEY ARE LETTING THE CAPTAINS RETAIN OUR NAME AN USE HIS SITE AS OUR MESSAGE BOARD!!!!! :mad:

JUST MY OPINION ,BUT IF YOU HAVE TO STATE NASTY MESSAGES ABOUT THE WEBMASTER BECAUSE HE HAS TO POST HIS ASSOCIATION RULES DUE TO LEGALITIES, THEN YOU NEED TO MAN UP AN GET THE HELL OFF THE SITE!!! HE IS THEIR FOR OUR PROTECTION, FREEDOM OF SPEECH AN HELP. SO PLEASE GROW UP AN BE THANKFUL THEY ARE LETTING THE CAPTAINS RETAIN OUR NAME AN USE HIS SITE AS OUR MESSAGE BOARD!!!!! :mad:

Good luck with the bar exams.

Back