Rocket owners average age!

77FD35B5-0591-498F-B6EE-DD0BCD996AF0.jpeg
Well I've made a few rough calculations and also based on the previous totals I am still only going to be 'Mr Average' :sleep::sleep:

For the UK based members, this month’s edition of the magazine RIDE (March 2018?!?!?!) has an article on buying the Rocket, both new and used. Apparently “most owners seem to be in their 50s, and with plenty of experience”....

77FD35B5-0591-498F-B6EE-DD0BCD996AF0.jpeg

For the UK based members, this month’s edition of the magazine RIDE (March 2018?!?!?!) has an article on buying the Rocket, both new and used. Apparently “most owners seem to be in their 50s, and with plenty of experience”....

Wow you guys like getting ahead of yourselves over there, I have noticed that about this bike, most people are older with many many moons of experience behind them, which is probably a good thing. If I were to ever sell this bike (not like that will ever happen), there is no way I would sell it someone who is new to riding or only has a few years of experience behind them, that would be insanely irresponsible on my part.
Sad part is, here in Canada, at least in Ontario, a 16-year old can go and write their beginners test and obtain an M1 license and go out and get on a Rocket, Hyabusa, R1, BMW s1000RR, no questions asked, and there are salesmen who will gladly sell these bikes to these kids with absolutely no thought as to whether or not these kids could actually control these bikes.
There have been a few instances here now where people get the beginners license, do a course, hopefully, and get the biggest baddest bike they can, and are dead within one to two weeks.
I was in a shop a few years ago and a kid and his mom were looking at bike, kid wanted the R1, mom was cool with it (mom didn't have a clue what it was) salesman refused to sell it to him, kid came back with his dad, salesman still refused to sell it to him and explained why, they went somewhere else and got one, two weeks later the dad came back to the shop to apologize to the salesman for not listening to him, he was just on his way home from his kids funeral.

Wow you guys like getting ahead of yourselves over there, I have noticed that about this bike, most people are older with many many moons of experience behind them, which is probably a good thing. If I were to ever sell this bike (not like that will ever happen), there is no way I would sell it someone who is new to riding or only has a few years of experience behind them, that would be insanely irresponsible on my part.
Sad part is, here in Canada, at least in Ontario, a 16-year old can go and write their beginners test and obtain an M1 license and go out and get on a Rocket, Hyabusa, R1, BMW s1000RR, no questions asked, and there are salesmen who will gladly sell these bikes to these kids with absolutely no thought as to whether or not these kids could actually control these bikes.
There have been a few instances here now where people get the beginners license, do a course, hopefully, and get the biggest baddest bike they can, and are dead within one to two weeks.
I was in a shop a few years ago and a kid and his mom were looking at bike, kid wanted the R1, mom was cool with it (mom didn't have a clue what it was) salesman refused to sell it to him, kid came back with his dad, salesman still refused to sell it to him and explained why, they went somewhere else and got one, two weeks later the dad came back to the shop to apologize to the salesman for not listening to him, he was just on his way home from his kids funeral.

Yeah sad state of affairs when the $$$ is worth more than stopping someone killing themselves through lack of experience. Mind you, I have seen the other end of the spectrum where you have guys who retire at 60 something and are bored at home and decide that they rode a motorbike (ie a BSA Bantam) 40+ years ago so they would like to do it again... and go out and buy a MV Augusta F4-SPR they “saw in a film and it looked like a nice bike”.... 3 weeks later they either end up in hospital (or worse) and the bike’s a wreck, or sell it because it’s too wild for them.... !!!

:eek:

Back