Rocket Head Lights - Check Alignment

Aussie Rocket Pete

.020 Over
G'day all, Picked up my Rocket today and was not impressed with the lighting when I went out tonight.

Light everywhere, except where I was looking on the road. When I got home I lined it up on a wall and found the low beam adjustment was about 100mm (4") high at 5 metres. They must have been spotting possums on high beam ;)

So, I measured from the ground to the centre of the headlight, then the same distance up the wall, minus 25mm (1") and set about dropping the lights on their adjuster. I adjusted the lights on low beam, as they have a nice flat straight line to work with.

The results were remarkable, I can see where I'm going now, on both beams :D I wonder how many other Rockets need their headlights checking.

Cheers All

G'day Captain Pete

Had similar problem
Don't think that they do any sort of allignment at Triumph - just throw them on the front of the bike - so much for pre delivery :( :!:

First week we had the R3 - went for ride late a/noon and rode into the night. Then realised that I could see the top of the front mudguard on low beam and about 3 metres in front of that on high beam
Almost had to use a white stick to get home :shock:
Tooka while to do the 100 or so kms we had done as it was out in the "sticks" - no street lights
Real good now, but they still need a slight tweek
IMHO the adjustment is somewhat agricultural for small changes
Still the best bike ever built !!!!!!!

Red,
Does that mean you never have to miss an opportunity to T-bone a Bambi now?

Let's face it, you're not short of a drop of the good stuff to wash a little BBQ'd Bambi down with! :lol: :lol:

Lets put it this way, in the last six months four people have hit deer on the half mile driveway up from the main highway. We are rife with venison. Of course illegal to eat, but I have had a taste. :oops: The vineyard people are legally allowed to kill them as vermin, but they must leave where they lie w/o touching them. Buzzards, Bobcats, and coyotes clean up. Gone in less than a week. Oh, I've never tried our products.

Back