I have sold my Rocket and have a few items no longer required.

This seat has the numbers A 970 11 63 and A 970 11 64

Also has the steel fixing plate.

Looking for £70.00 ono

s1.jpg s2.jpg seat3.jpg
Do you still have the Rocket Seat? If I'll buy it or anyone else has a seat for a Classic R3 please let me know. Thanks.

As the listing states
" Triumph Motorcycle Description: DUAL SEAT, L/HAUL TOURING KIT
Triumph Motorcycle Part Number: A9708164
**THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE BACK REST WHICH IS NOW OBSOLETE** "

These seats (A9708164) were produced and named before the Rocket Touring model existed and are for 'Standard', 'Classic' and 'Roadster' use.
They have a small square hole just behind the rider bucket portion with a plastic plug you can remove to fit the rider's backrest.
The backrest themselves (A9708160) are now considered "unobtanium" but pop up now and again - the Rocket 'Touring' version seats (T2302130) have the same backrest with a different part number (A9708158), which are interchangeable but are a slightly different colour vinyl, although the 'Touring' model seats themselves will not fit a 'Standard', 'Classic' or 'Roadster' ;)

I have sold a used (A9708160) and a new in box one (A9708158) recently with the same seats (A9708164) that were on sale here in Australia for a similar price for the past year or two and scored another (A9708160) backrest a few days ago.

A rider's backrest (A9708158) sold recently on US eBay in April 2017 for a ridiculous price of US$405 by itself. TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 TOURING - ADJUSTABLE RIDER BACKREST, LONGHAUL A9708158 | eBay

A few with seats to match have sold much cheaper on our forum Classifieds recently though.

I am going to see if I can modify a Corbin Fast Gun solo seat to accept it. Otherwise I will move it on to a new home too.

Wider and flatter by heaps, but same or similar to accessory twin set versions like the Gel 2 part Rider and Pillion seats- replied to your PM.

Back