Roadster verdict please!!

Tubby

Standard Bore
Hi!
I am new on here :) and I would like an appraisal or any views that you may have on the 2010 Rocket Roadster - particularly Roadster owners.

My bike is currently on order and I get it in three weeks time (Phantom Black). Yes, late in the season....:( but ready for next year:D.

Any views, comments greatly received.

Bob (Uk)

Hi!
I am new on here :) and I would like an appraisal or any views that you may have on the 2010 Rocket Roadster - particularly Roadster owners.

My bike is currently on order and I get it in three weeks time (Phantom Black). Yes, late in the season....:( but ready for next year:D.

Any views, comments greatly received.

Bob (Uk)

We try not to use "inappropriate" language on this site, as we're all civilized ladies and gentlemen. However, preliminary reviews show the Roadster to be a *&#%$) $#%&^*(@#&*&^ &^$%%^T K#UH&* %@#$&_+$uY*&^. .

As well, some of the folks who have ridden it *&#@*(^(&*^ their pants.

Does this help?

If not, there are reviews and videos available on this site via a very simple search....

Bob
I've done 6500miles since getting my Roadster in April (matt black) and its brilliant! Heavy of course to push around but very light and well balanced once moving, and you need to remember direction changes are a bit slower than a sports bike but I didn't buy it as a sports bike. My 955 sprint will do that, but the Roadster is more fun because you have to work a bit harder to get round the twisties fast! Just countersteer and hang off.
It's super smooth on pickup from low revs, just keeps accelerating (even better now with tors and tune ecu map) , does over 200m to a tankful and my wife is comfy on the back (with the backrest on)
Only downside is trying to clean the wheels, (as they're not lacquered) , tyre life (3500) and no hard luggage - but qd easy brackets are available to take any hard bags -at a price!.
And stonechipping is really bad on the front end - Triumph have refused my warranty claim (twice) but I'll post more on that seperately soon.

you won't be disappointed and it's too early to stop riding yet-I'm off for a twisty 300miler up to Fort Bill , Glencoe and Oban tomorrow with mates on a 'Blade, Buell 1125 and a GSXR and I won't be left behind!:cool:

What did you ride before?

not sure if its available for you guys over the pond! but I use speedys polish! works great! it contains carnuba wax! polishes really well! and since there is carnuba in it they stay nice! easier to do every time! ;)

Bob
I've done 6500miles since getting my Roadster in April (matt black) and its brilliant! Heavy of course to push around but very light and well balanced once moving, and you need to remember direction changes are a bit slower than a sports bike but I didn't buy it as a sports bike. My 955 sprint will do that, but the Roadster is more fun because you have to work a bit harder to get round the twisties fast! Just countersteer and hang off.
It's super smooth on pickup from low revs, just keeps accelerating (even better now with tors and tune ecu map) , does over 200m to a tankful and my wife is comfy on the back (with the backrest on)
Only downside is trying to clean the wheels, (as they're not lacquered) , tyre life (3500) and no hard luggage - but qd easy brackets are available to take any hard bags -at a price!.
And stonechipping is really bad on the front end - Triumph have refused my warranty claim (twice) but I'll post more on that seperately soon.

you won't be disappointed and it's too early to stop riding yet-I'm off for a twisty 300miler up to Fort Bill , Glencoe and Oban tomorrow with mates on a 'Blade, Buell 1125 and a GSXR and I won't be left behind!:cool:

What did you ride before?

Roadster

Had mine since Feb this year. Ridden lot of stuff over the last 32 years and this is the DADDY.
Today replaced the rear tyre after 4400 miles for the Avon Cobra rode 35 miles home feels good so far need now to run it in. some of that mileage was towing a camping trailer so solo riding should be better!
its like no other bike on earth I never fail to grin like a madman before during and after riding it. Treat it with respect and enjoy it and tell us about it too.T

Got mine in early September. It's a beautiful bike. Mine is also Phantom Black. I didn't realize that it would so many other colors speckled in it.

The power and acceleration is much more than I expected and I expected a lot. I guess old Harley riders just can't imagine that much power.

It handles very well at speed but I was pleasantly surprised at the low speed parking lot manuverability. It maybe because the back tire is so beautifully wide.

My only disapointment was that it took so long to get here and now in upstate NY, it's already time to put it away for winter.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Don

Newbie to site - Hi

Hi all,

Just joined the site, enjoying it a lot.

I currently ride a CBR1000RR `07 model and love it, but love the Rocket 3`s since they came out but just thought I was not old enough just yet (I`am 35), and still wanted to carve up the twisties.

All my mates ride various machines, from SV650, GSX 600 and 1000`s, KTM Duke etc.

The Blade is awesome machine and love it to be bits, the acceleration, flixability etc.

However I find that at 6 foot 6, 240 lbs, feeling older, previous slipped disc so in pain in lower back constantly and now pain in my right wrist.

Thought I need to move onto a bike that suits my height better, but still gives me lots of fun, acceleration, do not get left behind through the twisties, and oh of course I bike that the Mrs will be comfortable as a pillion on. (That would be a massive bonus for my ears, lol).

Two bikes that seem to fit the bill are the Rocket 3, and the ZX14.

Money will not allow me to keep the Blade and have the Rocket.

If any one could give me the low down of riding out with mates who have sports bikes when your on the Rocket, the comfortable factor of the Rocket.

Any advise or thoughts would be greatly rec`d after all its a lot of money to part with and want to ensure I wont leave the Blade and live with regret.

From all that I have read so far the ROcket is awesome but would also be good to hear from people who have parted with a late sports bike and moved to the Torque side with the Rocket.

Thanks heaps :)

Plus if someone else has already covered this apologies a just joined.

LOL......

Good stuff, thanks guys.

Yep, moving over from the sportsbike scene myself gradually, so anything that moves from 10,00 revs upwards really, Och. ;)

Fancy doing the West Coast of Scotland sometime so perhaps you could give me some advice on that one.:rolleyes:

Really, looking forward to getting the Roc and praying for some good weather over the winter.

Many thanks for all your comments and keep safe.

Bob

Back