Done the same on my '10 Roadster with Exedra 55 profile rear and 444 13" Progressives and progressive fork springs. These photos are with stock rails and pegs. I think @Claviger has said you can avoid this by hanging off a bit while hard charging even with the stock setup of the Roadster.
I know Steve had the lower shocks and smaller front tyre on and he front rail hit the road causing him to crash- I am just curious if those photos are with that set up -we all scrap pegs :D

Were those pics taken when you had lower shocks and lower profile front tyre?

Nope. I was on the Dragon when the bike was still stock - well, except for TORs, Trip K&N 2780s and a Nels Tune.

You need a set of these for your engine guards:
IMG_0158.JPG

Cheap option

US $40.99 free shipping in US

Engine Guard Peg Clamps For Triumph America Legend Rocket Classic Touring

upload_2017-5-17_10-20-58.png

I know Steve had the lower shocks and smaller front tyre on and he front rail hit the road causing him to crash- I am just curious if those photos are with that set up -we all scrap pegs :D

When I had the crash (Alices Restaurant, CA) twas indeed the 130 front tire that helped.
I had stock length rear shockies, but they were cheap Progressive 200 series.
Here on the Dragon, twas with 140 front Exedra Max rear and those cheap 2oo series Progressive.
The short Hagons were on my motor only a very short time, until I found some Aussie to dump them on!
. . . and he soon found out he was better in the twisties than he had thought!!! :eek: :roll: :p

Dragon.jpg

When I had the crash (Alices Restaurant, CA) twas indeed the 130 front tire that helped.
I had stock length rear shockies, but they were cheap Progressive 200 series.
Here on the Dragon, twas with 140 front Exedra Max rear and those cheap 2oo series Progressive.
The short Hagons were on my motor only a very short time, until I found some Aussie to dump them on!
. . . and he soon found out he was better in the twisties than he had thought!!! :eek: :roll: :p

Dragon.jpg
Not just some Aussie but I know that fella.....
And I know who I sold them too.

Back