Want to Buy Roadster foot pegs - EDIT: No longer required.

ChrisACT

Supercharged
Ride
2006 Rocket III Special Edition
Howdy,

I'm looking to ditch my stock 2006 Rocket III foot boards and go with the Roadster pegs instead. Or at least try it anyway.

I'd need all the mounting hardware, bolts brackets etc to go with it. I'm not sure if my rear brake master cylinder would still work or if I'd need the Roadster MC instead.

Does anyone have a set they'd like to sell?

I'm in Canberra, Australia.

Thanks,
Chris

Howdy,

I'm looking to ditch my stock 2006 Rocket III foot boards and go with the Roadster pegs instead. Or at least try it anyway.

I'd need all the mounting hardware, bolts brackets etc to go with it. I'm not sure if my rear brake master cylinder would still work or if I'd need the Roadster MC instead.

Does anyone have a set they'd like to sell?

I'm in Canberra, Australia.

Thanks,
Chris

Well what do know another Canberran member.

Welcome there are at least 5 of us now, CanberrR3, Turk and The Kiwi besides me. Great to see your Intro thread :):thumbsup:Greetings from Australia

What are the odds I have just what you want and may even do a swap for your footboard setup. Which do you have the Classic version or the earlier footboards set up for the Standard R3?

I am retired so can be availble most times for a chat, meet or whatever.

Peter White
pwhite60@iinet.net.au
0466 012 091
Duffy ACT

Well what do know another Canberran member.

Welcome there are at least 5 of us now, CanberrR3, Turk and The Kiwi besides me. Great to see your Intro thread :):thumbsup:Greetings from Australia

What are the odds I have just what you want and may even do a swap for your footboard setup. Which do you have the Classic version or the earlier footboards set up for the Standard R3?

I am retired so can be availble most times for a chat, meet or whatever.

Peter White
pwhite60@iinet.net.au
0466 012 091
Duffy ACT

G'day, IShrub.

Mine is the standard Rocket 3 as pictured in my Intro thread. Technically it's a "Special Edition" which I believe means it came standard with the boards, heated grips and "tribal paint".

A swap might be a good thing but to be honest, I'd like to buy the Roaster pegs and hang onto the boards initially so I can be sure I've made the right choice. If I swap and don't like it, it's a pain to put the boards back if I've let them go.

Are yours on a bike or do you have them lying around?

Clarification needed as I have a set of OEM pegs, rails and gear/brake levers for a 2004-2009 R3 Standard, Classic in excellent condition in a box in the shed with hard brake line to suit. You are welcome to try/fit them first. I understand the R3 Std pegs/reails have quite a bit more cornering clearance than the Classic Floorboards but there was also another type of OEM accessory footboards that came out before the Classic version that are more steeply angled and mount to the Standard rails with more cornering clearance than the Classic Footboard setup.

Front Footrests & Mountings - Rocket Iii replacement parts for 2006 Triumph ROCKET III

These can be used to fit a 2010 on ABS equipped Roadster for those who want to move their footpegs forward on a Roadster. I imagine your boards set up has the heel/toe gear lever and big brake lever to clear the footboards. These would also need to be swapped out for standard R3 ones I have.
Gear Selector Pedal - Rocket Iii Classic Only replacement parts for 2006 Triumph ROCKET III

Gear Selector Pedal - Rocket Iii Only replacement parts for 2006 Triumph ROCKET III

F. Footrests & Mountings - Rocket Iii Classic replacement parts for 2006 Triumph ROCKET III

Like you I am keeping my original but modified 2010 Roadster set up which runs the 5 position adjustable Kuryakyn mini footboards in place of the Roadster footpegs at the moment. I have a brand new set in packaging of the black version with the spline conversion adapters from Kuryakyn as well

41bwuhTj7cL._SX355_.jpg
531-241_A.jpg

Here's that pic of mine again for reference:
Rocket3ae.jpg

It's a 2006 Rocket III Special Edition and this foot board setup was as delivered from the factory for this model so it's all OEM Triumph.

I'm after the Roadster pegs more than the Classic setup, not so much for leg comfort but to help change my leg angle thereby taking some pressure off my lower back and coccyx on long journeys.

Bear in mind that my other bike is a Yamaha TZR250. I'm used to having zero leg room. Even the Roadster setup would be positively luxurious compared to that.

The Kuryakyn mini foot boards with that setup would be ideal although I'd want to get the ones with the chrome trim if I was to go that route.

I've done exactly this Chris.
Everything is a straight swap except for the brake line from the Master Cylinder to the brake switch, you will have have a line made up for this (no big deal)
My set up I did a straight swap with a Roadster so got the complete Master Cylinder, brake lever etc.
My bike is an 06 as well.

20180221_171249.jpg

The Kuryakyn mini foot boards with that setup would be ideal although I'd want to get the ones with the chrome trim if I was to go that route.

It is all covered here:
BOARDS ON MY ROADSTER - FINALLY!

Come over and or meet up and check out mine sometime. Re the Footboards - as stated there were two OEM factory types the ones like yours with the steeper angle and higher footrail location;

FOOTBOARD & R/GEAR LVR KIT A9758085 for Triumph US$450
Link Removed
A9758085 Triumph Footboard & R/gear Lvr Kit - 2WheelPros
Triumph A9758085 Footboards/Rocker Lever Kit

9e9019ff6894dec35bf52488de465952.png

and the Classic ones. Prices are the last for listings that have been out of production/availability for at least 5 years.
"Floorboard Kit - Classic, part number A9758081 US$449.99".
Triumph A9758081 Footboards/Rocker Lever Kit
0d5b4ed1e1b7cdb6f74ab4f11947fca8.png

Oops, I think Fowlers have pasted the wrong image for one of them!

As well as the Standard R3 rails and pegs like this which is what I have in my box.

A comparison of peg/footboard height:
The image below was from post#8 here (and now gone) but I found it on Google images
Floorboard parts help

Link Removed

I believe they are comparing the Classic (LHS) to the Standard (RHS) pegs which can be replaced with the FOOTBOARD & R/GEAR LVR KIT A9758085 in the photos, these are not the 2010 on ABS Roadster, but the Roadster is probably as low as the Classic. I think @1olbull has boards on a Standard bar mount which gives the much increased clearance to the Roadster.

With your Yamaha TZR250 history you may prefer to go the other way. I have a set of customised RIZOMA PE-111 rearsets from a highly modded R3 and if that is your background you may find them very comfortable.

I have posted before about these but I got them from a now deceased owner (Blasted Bones) off a Carpenterised Rocket 3 with carbon fiber wheels and a full on attitude. He passed riding a full race type Yamaha after selling the Rocket 3 which eventually went to another forum member in South Australia from memory. They are a Rizoma set with custom billet CNC alloy conversion blocks that are castellated on one side to fit the Rocket. They come with the rearsets, Brembo rear brake cyl, hoses, reservoir and carbon fiber heel guards, folding peg adapters PE-606A etc.
They have some slight scuffs on the CNC blocks that are easy to smooth off and I bought two new sets of Rizoma B-PRO (PE616A) pegs pictured and interchangeable gear/brake pegs.
Huge adjustment available with this set up.

Check them out when ever you like as I am retired and loving it!.

They are far higher quality than the Raask ones I looked at and with the solid custom CNC alloy mounts it must have cost a fortune to get the adaptors machined up.
I still like looking at it all and admiring the engineering and finish.
Adaptors not shown in pics.

http://www.carpimoto.it/Images/Products/Pdf/PE111.pdf

I just looked at them again and i need a replacement part PE-111-04. I am ordering from CarpiMoto in Italy which give great service and prices I have found.
CarpiMoto

I will take some photos of the Custom R3 mounts later
See more here Rocket Rearsets!

Rizoma REV Rearsets Yamaha FZ1 06-

Rizoma REV Rearsets
Rearset control kits, made of the finest billet aluminium alloy and especially designed for competition, are characterized by a unique lightness and resistance to breaking.

Various racing tests have revealed the necessity of their vertical and horizontal adjustment.

Lever mechanisms mounted on bearings assure precise shifting and breaking.

This product quality and safety are assured by the TUV certificate.
Rizoma_PE112B-2010.jpg

Replacement Rizoma B-PRO (PE616A) pegs below

Link Removed

I have a lot of the now long gone accessorries listed in the 2008 catalog for R3 STANDARDS AND CLASSICS WHICH FIT YOUR BIKE.

http://triumph.lv/media/Accessories 08_2.pdf

Screens like yours but also the smaller Fly and clear sports screens that both use the same fork mounts as large screens like yours, added screen lowers for big screens, mirrors teardrop and oval, Roadster handlebars, seats of later models like GEL seats, Corbin Custom, OEM factory chrome Fog /Auxillary lights, Staintune crossover and triple pipes, just found a set of Jardine headers and twin pipes for your model too, RamAir pod filters, K&N stock replacement filters, almost new stock shocks, differentials, even a brand new front Mettzler etc, etc.

Last edited:
I think the Rizomas are very nice but would be a little out of my reach price wise. Plus I'd like to keep it all Triumph bits if at all possible.

Paul, your setup is the sort of thing I'm thinking of.

Anyway, I'm off for a long ride in a couple of weeks. I'll see how I feel about the stock boards after 6 hours riding through the Snowy Mountains in a day.

Thanks guys for your info.

Back