sunny

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3R LIMITED EDITION
looks like the bike was strapped to a dyno......some have removed the nanny controls.......but in the real world(on road) there would be a lot more vibration
how about top speed, how much speed wind resistance can cut on top speed on 305kmph on dyno vs real road?

Wiigit

.040 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
how about top speed, how much speed wind resistance can cut on top speed on 305kmph on dyno vs real road?
There's a bunch of math involved that requires the coefficient of drag and frontal area. A first generation Hayabusa with a prone rider would theoretically require 157hp to the rear wheel to hit 300km/h (they put down 165ish is stock form). A stock rocket is much bigger and much less slippery - it'll never hit 300. A speed 250km/h on the Hayabusa would only require 90hp.

I've gone over 300 on my zx14r. At that speed, if I were to sit up, I'd be unable to stay on the bike.

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
There's a bunch of math involved that requires the coefficient of drag and frontal area. A first generation Hayabusa with a prone rider would theoretically require 157hp to the rear wheel to hit 300km/h (they put down 165ish is stock form). A stock rocket is much bigger and much less slippery - it'll never hit 300. A speed 250km/h on the Hayabusa would only require 90hp.

I've gone over 300 on my zx14r. At that speed, if I were to sit up, I'd be unable to stay on the bike.
I forget what the tires are rated for on these new Rockets does anyone know?

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I believe the new Rockets can go faster than the 147 mph if the speed limiter is adjusted or removed but it might not be safe to go to fast.

fastfun

Supercharged
Ride
triumph roadster supercharged, 2010

Yep, once I got rather easily my charged r3 to a 278km/h,but had to slow down cause riding the bike got dangerous(frontal airpressure on my head,visibility)