britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
OK I have been fully retired for the past six weeks, **** am I bored. Please some of you old farts talk me out of going back to work. I have been searching the part time employment sites for something two to three days a week. Currently everything I own is up to date on maintenance and shined to the point you can't look at it in bright sun light..............

DSC03001.JPG

Im about 1 to 2 years behind you. I will be seriously looking forward to being bored ****less. Enjoy your free time and if you really want to, wait until a perfect part time opportunity comes along.

I was the same way, retired, got all the honey-do stuff done, my wife and buddies were all still working, and fishing was no fun alone, or even riding the rocket. I got bored too.
I did not want to go back into the stressful life I had, but when a friend asked if I wanted to work 2 or 3 days a week. I said sure. So Now I have been back to work for 5 years headed to 6. 6 months out of the year, I get on a zero turn mower, put on my headphones, try to stay outta the flowers and ponds. And I love it no stress, @ $1000 week extra income. My wife retired last year and joined my crew, we have a good life, get 6 months of the year to do what we like, and 6 months extra money. We both enjoy it a lot. If you want to work or have to work make it something you enjoy.. Best of luck to you !

OH yeah... Nice garage !!

Hoping to retire here in the next year or so myself. Interesting discussion and one I'm very interested in. I see by your garage that you have already taken care of the things that I keep saving for my retirement. Probably take me more than a couple of weeks, but still, that will run out. My current job is extremely stressful and I'm looking forward to a time when the stress is, well, less. I love tinkering and projects so am hoping I can do more of those things. My friends will most likely be working after I retire, so won't be hanging with them an more than I do now I suppose. Love to camp and have a great rig for that. Love to ride, love the outdoors. I hope you can find your niche, but I can well imagine that the life change is quite abrupt. One day you're dealing with the stuff you've dealt with for the last umpteen years, and the next, you are on your own. I know a lot of folks deal with this problem and the solution is unique to each of them. For me, even though I love the people I work with and the customers I have served the past 34 years, I hate the stress. I want it to stop. But how does one just "stop" doing what they have been doing for that long.
Best wishes to you brother. Hope it all works out for you.

OK I have been fully retired for the past six weeks, **** am I bored. Please some of you old farts talk me out of going back to work. I have been searching the part time employment sites for something two to three days a week. Currently everything I own is up to date on maintenance and shined to the point you can't look at it in bright sun light..............

DSC03001.JPG
6 whole weeks man you need to take more time you have not even had a chance to be retired yet. I retired in 2014 and cannot find time to even think about getting a job. Heck I'm in philly right now working my way to norfolk just so I can rest and work. No wife no kids and only 8 hour days :)

Back