Replacement horn for R3GT/R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not my intention to silence or shun anyone. Please know the experience and knowledge found on this forum is extremely valuable but sometimes gets lost when the question or topic takes a left turn.
So it goes off topic. You will get your answer hopefully sooner than later but I'm sure it will show. I myself would like to know also as the OEM horns are pathetic.

is it the fact that people are holed up due to the corona virus that this is the second thread today that I've read where someone asks for help and then complains about the responses?

I also find myself agreeing with Joe twice in one day....due to sheer numbers of newer bikes out there, there may not be very many that have made that leap. May you be the first to take a leap!!, Oops I meant that leap!

BTW there was another member not long ago that was asking about changing the horn on his 2.5, hold on a minute, let me search that for you.......

is it the fact that people are holed up due to the corona virus that this is the second thread today that I've read where someone asks for help and then complains about the responses?

I also find myself agreeing with Joe twice in one day....due to sheer numbers of newer bikes out there, there may not be very many that have made that leap. May you be the first to take a leap!!, Oops I meant that leap!

BTW there was another member not long ago that was asking about changing the horn on his 2.5, hold on a minute, let me search that for you.......

The Boog posted about how sh1tty the horn was but no mention of a suitable replacement.

Unlike you, I did my homework first.

No complaint when the responses have any semblance of the topic. If you just want to spout off, try Reddit or Twitter.

Corona Virus or not, this forum is supposed to be about knowledge sharing. Not about how funny you think you are.

Somethings our forefathers got wrong but some they got right. Like if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU!

Perhaps there should be a VIN test so actual owners can post in here, rather than lookiloos just wanting to day dream about a bike they know nothing about.

As for a leap to take, I am attempting to do just that. In my case, I look first, then leap. This is the look part, with some knowledge, then I leap.

There are some really helpful folk on this forum, I guess they are all busy today, so instead I get this mess.

Last edited:
It was mentioned here:
Accessories for the new R3 ?

Not a clear answer whether he ever replaced it or not, but you could ask @RedLBB directly if he ever did the swap.

:thumbsup:
I have a look, thanks for pointing it out. I see it's not posted in the 2.5L Rockets section. There are about 30 "horn replacement" threads in the R3 Owners.net forum.

While wading through the nonsensical post, I never actually saw a response to the "horn replacement" issue.

But I'll keep looking, thanks again.

When you purchase a first year model you will become a bit of a pioneer. Many things that worked on previous models will not work on yours, but some may. I was in the same boat when I purchased my R3T in 2008. Mine was the first one in my area and I later worked with Tune Boy on developing the first tune for the R3T. A very trial and error effort.

As a first year purchaser your experiences will be of value to subsequent buyers, but it will be some time before you will be able to learn much from others. Knowing nothing about the new models, have you compared the replacement horns used on previous models to see if the connections etc apply to your new bike? If its not substantially different, you might be able to adapt one of those to the new model. I had a Stebel Nautilus on my R3T.

It's understood as a new owner of a new bike that some experimenting is required. As it's 3C outside I've got some time to sort things out and ideally learn from other Captains. It's really all I am trying to do here.

Lamonster did some great mods already, others too. Just figured I'd see what I can learn to avoid any mistakes.

Seems an answer will be found when I find it myself.

Not my intention to silence or shun anyone. Please know the experience and knowledge found on this forum is extremely valuable but sometimes gets lost when the question or topic takes a left turn.

. . . And you wish to moderate our answers to your questions?
Sheesch! :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

The Boog posted about how sh1tty the horn was but no mention of a suitable replacement.

Unlike you, I did my homework first.

No complaint when the responses have any semblance of the topic. If you just want to spout off, try Reddit or Twitter.

Corona Virus or not, this forum is supposed to be about knowledge sharing. Not about how funny you think you are.

Somethings our forefathers got wrong but some they got right. Like if you don't have anything nice to say, then STFU!

Perhaps there should be a VIN test so actual owners can post in here, rather than lookiloos just wanting to day dream about a bike they know nothing about.

As for a leap to take, I am attempting to do just that. In my case, I look first, then leap. This is the look part, with some knowledge, then I leap.

There are some really helpful folk on this forum, I guess they are all busy today, so instead I get this mess.

134 posts in and you reckon to tell us all what this forum is about?
I learned a good word for this from my brothers down under - cheeky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back