Replace 2 rear tires for every front?

Traction

or

Longevity
There is no free ride. Torque gobbles tires. Look at the rears on any diesel pickup.
Has anyone tried the Metzeler me888 marathon ultras yet? i've been happy with the Avon cobras (on my 3rd set) but i'll be needing a new set soon and i've heard the metzelers give you more mileage

Traction

or

Longevity
There is no free ride. Torque gobbles tires. Look at the rears on any diesel pickup.
I've ordered a set anyway, i don't think there is any bad tyre nowadays as long as it's not a cheap set! the Metzelers are actually more expensive, but if i get an extra 1k miles out of them it will be worth it. if it doesn't handle quite as well as the Avons i will just ride a bit slower! if i really don't get on with them I'll go back to the Avons

in need of a new front and would like to get away from the 140 avon cobra.
and go back to a 150
any suggestions riding on a bald tire. :(

For improved handling (due to the decreased rake), better performance, a less expensive and longer-lasting tire, go with the Exedra Max (240/55R-16). Requires very minor modification.
1655468625706.png

For improved handling (due to the decreased rake), better performance, a less expensive and longer-lasting tire, go with the Exedra Max (240/55R-16). Requires very minor modification.
1655468625706.png

Thank's that is the tire i run on the back but looking for a 150 70 17 for the front
Trying to get away from the 140 avon

Thank's that is the tire i run on the back but looking for a 150 70 17 for the front
Trying to get away from the 140 avon
I was really just responding to the post in general about going through more rear tires.

For the front on my Roadster I've tried just about everything, but keep coming back to the Dunlop American Elite Front Motorcycle Tire 140/75R-17 (67V). Not a 150, but if you're just trying to get away from the Avon that would, in my opinion, be a good choice. I'm not a fan of Avons- they tend to wear unevenly and cup.

Got about 4.5k miles on my '21 GT. Looks like I'll probably get about 7 or 8k out of the rear tire. Do most folks just buy a new rear and let the front go till the next change?
Have close to 40k on my 2020 GT. Usually get about 8 to 9 k out of the rear, however i NEVER use my rear brake, just the front, unless its raining.
The front lasted almost 20k. I dont know if the brakes are linked on this bike but the front seems to have twice the stopping power.

Back