Replace 2 rear tires for every front?

The Avon site states that its Cobra tires are warranted for 2-years and 15,000-miles. That’s good to know.

Many parameters can change the situation. However the less you brake, the longer the life of front tire.
Somebody enjoying full throttle, then full brake before any corner should expect to change faster the front tire.
What do you think ?
I would agree with this, and I'm fairly certain engine braking saves front tire as it uses reverse torque off the rear tire to reduce speed.

I know it was said in good fun but you can't ride harder than a dyno.

Here are a few of links from tire manufactures talking about dynos
Bridgestone Motorcycle Tires
Avon
Dunlop - look under not covered

They consider it under the abuse category.
Then every single time I ride, I "abuse" the tires. oh, wait...:laugh:

Good thing I stock spares...
241C725F-3A9C-437F-BA40-735D31DB868F.jpeg
CD740217-56FC-4EAD-B716-AD969CD2AE94.jpeg

brakes are cheap compared to tires, motors, transmissions.
has anyone ever put there rocket on a dyno started in 1st and shifted at 6000 rpm up through the gears.
have to admit the dynos do check a tire for bad cords. lol

The Avon site states that its Cobra tires are warranted for 2-years and 15,000-miles. That’s good to know.
Wow, do they really? I got a little over 1/3 that mileage from my 1st set.
No pillion, no luggage and no highways with even wear front & rear.

Apparently that warranty expired in 2018. At least we’re expected to get 15k-miles from those treads.
D5BF3F39-446C-4359-8964-BF0FAA293D96.jpeg 66B59884-D209-4872-92FA-3DDD60B98EC7.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe tire warrantee's from the manufacturer cover the tire for manufacturing defects that present themselves overtime... not tread wear. I've never come close to 15K miles on a a set of Chrome's... but I'm good with that. It's more about their ability and my confidence in the tire.
-MIG

Has anyone tried the Metzeler me888 marathon ultras yet? i've been happy with the Avon cobras (on my 3rd set) but i'll be needing a new set soon and i've heard the metzelers give you more mileage

Back