vulcan141

.020 Over
i guess i made a mistake when i installed the utopia backrest behind the driver seat as now the key wont release the seat no matter what i do.
any suggestions before i have to destroy the side cover to operate the pull wire?
okay stop laughing...

What exact model Rocket do you have? (sorry, makes a difference)

If you have a one piece dual seat (rider and passenger), there is a small pull ring on the left side that you have to pull while you operate the key down on the right side.

If you have a two piece seat, I have found that if you press your fist into the middle of the seat while you turn the key, the center post will let go.

Hope that helps.

I'm not quite sure how the Utopia back rest mounts but I recall it uses the same bolts as the pillion pad. Sounds like there's too much thickness under the seat. Do what tdragger suggests as you may need to release some pressure on the post. Maybe put youyr knee in the middle of the seat with all your weight on it.

tddragger....thanks very much,just tried pushing down on middle of seat and it popped free...so simple just needed to learn these things,
thanks again

No mater what Triumph seat you have you should always push in the center of the seat before turning the key. This eliminates all chances of putting strain on the key and breaking it off in the key hole. You are now a expert I remember having the same issue with mine when I bought it. Welcome aboard.

Back