Removal of secondaries bar

Hi all,
I have removed the secondary throttle butterflies and fitted a ram air filter on my '04 Rocket. Is it safe to remove the bar to which the butterflies are attached thus leaving no obstructions to the air flow into the throttle?
I have refitted the screws to stop the annoying whistle but want to have max smooth air flow.
Cheers
John

Did you count all those little itsy bitsy screws? ;)

Last edited:
Paul I have a question, not quite on topic but I've just fitted k and n's and removed secondary butterflies and now have a distinct rattling sound under acceleration, do you think it will be the shaft rattling without plates attached or is there something else I need to look for? Any advice appreciated, cheers.
Sounds like you have both discovered the Rocket III induction 'crickets' that come alive when stock plenums are removed.
Most of us love them chirping away!

I agree Neville, I'm sure it's not worth any extra power.

But when I removed the secondary butterflies, after having them jack open to 100% "I" felt that the bike responded quicker and sharper.
When I had the problems a month or so back and we put Sleeves Throttle Bodies on with the secondary butterfly's still in place, (and jacked open) I did notice that the response was slacker.
So taking the shaft out was just a matter of "That doesn't need to be there, so it's coming out"
"Psychologically" it feels better too :D
@Claviger removed his bar and plugged the holes before boring the TB tubes too I think.

Sounds like you have both discovered the Rocket III induction 'crickets' that come alive when stock plenums are removed.
Most of us love them chirping away!
Haha I've gotten used to it now but I have to admit it was pretty disconcerting to start with 😂

Back