remounting front wheel tire

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 GT
well I've been doing maintanance on the R3R and did the fork oil today. so am trying to replace the front wheel tire assembly and it's been difficult. seems to be binding on the inlet side, greased it up good but that did not solve the problem. Anybody got a good method for remounting the wheel/tire?? this is something that I've done before, so I'm a little perplexed.

thanks

Hoopla

Are the clamp screws loose enough? There are two screws coming up from the bottom of the fork that clamp the axle once it is threaded into position. If those screws are loose you can use a large flat screw driver inserted in the gap to open the hole slightly to allow insertion of the axle. Once the axle is in and torqued to specification, the clamps screws are tightened and torqued too.

thanks for the tips, had my sweetie hold the axle with a large philips screwdriver, so there wasn't much slop, she centered it as best as possible and I was able to push the axle in easily. I had tried doing this myself previously, just couldn't get it started. it didn't take a minute when she helped. It had to with the entry allignment on the feed side. even without the tire in place the alignment was tight, speading the clamp I'm sure would have helped, didn't think of that at the time.

thanks again

Hoople

Back