Red Light - Green Light

PianoMan

Nitrous
Here's an article concerning certain states that have passed laws to allow a motorcycle to be able to proceed, with caution, when it doesn't trigger the road sensor. I would suggest that the Captain also proceed at the same time as the motorcycle.

Looks like we can try it, if need be, in Arkansas!

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-06-10-red-light-laws_N.htm

I do this on occaision in my little town of La Vernia. We have one traffic light that I can't trigger with the bike. I'm just waiting for one of our Barney Fyfe cops to get me.. lol:D

Great contribution Pianoman. I'm encouraged to use this information to gain changes here in my home State. Thanks.

It would seem apparent that when surrounding states, in a federal system, would pass laws to enable such freedoms then adjacent States lawmakeres would recognize the need to, at the very least, dispose of the question by vote within their own State . That is, the State Representatives would be awake sufficiently to raise the question on their own. ABATE is a great community to become familiar with. But NO, they know what is best for you and they will take care of you. It's the same BS on both side. It's just a matter of which one wins; for their profits and power.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-06-10-red-light-laws_N.htm

I have 8 out of 9 opportunities on a daily work commute to be presented with the hassle.
It is very un-American to be concerned with the Gestapos. If the trapper has no sense of reality then the prick needs neutering.

Become familiar with ABATE and start a local if one isn't already existing.

Last edited:
Legal or not if the light doesn't change with in a reasonable amount of time I'm going. The only other alternative is to wait for a larger vehicle to pull up behind and hope they are close enough to trigger the light.

Last edited:
Just exactly what time is reasonable. No I don't mean for a number of minutes is necessary; I'mt suggesting that, the criteria should be an apparent acknowledgment of what is reasonable, and that is enough. If the trapper, the nutless bastard, hasn't got a clue as to what is reasonable then, do you really want him watching your six.

Go to your local sheriff and find his position on this issue (for certain take a sound recorder). If he's agreed with you, then so will his deputies. If not, push to find a replacement.

Last edited:
I am lucky to live in a go on Red State, I just ran a red this morning after being passed over. I can not imagine having to wait 2 or 3 cycles for a cage to come set me free.

Just exactly what time is reasonable. No I don't mean for a number of minutes is necessary; I'mt suggesting that, the criteria should be an apparent acknowledgment of what is reasonable, and that is enough. If the trapper, the nutless bastard, hasn't got a clue as to what is reasonable then, do you really want him watching your six.

Go to your local sheriff and find his position on this issue (for certain take a sound recorder). If he's agreed with you, then so will his deputies. If not, push to find a replacement.

If the light has cycled through one time it becomes obvious that the trigger didn't work. As to what exactly is reasonable I can't make that call for you. If there's no traffic I'm not waiting more that a minute, but I won't pull out in front of traffic. If the light won't change I treat it like a stop sign. Just seems like common sense. And yes I know that common sense is not that common. I don't count on anyone to watch my six.

I live in NC. We are supposed to wait 3 min. before proceeding. 3 min. can seem like a loooong time sitting there with no traffic coming.
I have one light in my home town that will not trigger. I waited my time and then went through it the other day with one of our local finest sitting there beside the road. He didn't even give me a sideways glance.
The Red Light Trigger device that they sell is just a strong magnet to attach under your bike. I have a speaker magnet hung under mine, and it seems to help in most places.

Back