If you are worried about the exhaust glowing red, you might want to look down the throttle bores in a running engine on the dyno. Intake valves can glow a dull red color as well.
;)
... and make a sound like the rods are slappin' against the sides of the block too! :eek:

... and make a sound like the rods are slappin' against the sides of the block too! :eek:

Actually, the intake valves will glow a dull red in low light on a well tuned engine. All that combustion heat has to go somewhere. On the R3, I have shown this to a couple of owners on the dyno at 3000 rpm and 50% throttle.

Glowing Exhaust

Willtill:

Attached is Wayne's 20050-3 Tuneboy tune along with my enrichments revising the tune. Checkout the AF and trim tables to see where enrichment runs from an additional 25% down to an extra 5% following the original 14:57 to 1 settings. I purchased a PCIII awhile back and plan to dyno tune sometime to learn more about the optimum AF/Trim settings. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Rev7 20050-3 20050DynoFinalMap_WithPods_And_IgnRetard.dat
    219.1 KB · Views: 103
Willtill:

Attached is Wayne's 20050-3 Tuneboy tune along with my enrichments revising the tune. Checkout the AF and trim tables to see where enrichment runs from an additional 25% down to an extra 5% following the original 14:57 to 1 settings. I purchased a PCIII awhile back and plan to dyno tune sometime to learn more about the optimum AF/Trim settings. Hope this helps.

Thanks WildWilly. That helps me a lot.

Back