I almost never get more than 6K out of a rear tire. The longer they last the less they grip. If I get 6K out of this rear I'll be happy. I am looking for a good none dealer replacement tire that grips well.

This was posted in 2.5 liter Rockets forum are you asking about the Chromes on the new models or just across the board on all models and years?

I mentioned in another thread that on my new TFC that I was at 3500 miles and already near the wear bars. I do think this is to fast. I do however run my bikes pretty hard.

This was posted in 2.5 liter Rockets forum are you asking about the Chromes on the new models or just across the board on all models and years?

I mentioned in another thread that on my new TFC that I was at 3500 miles and already near the wear bars. I do think this is to fast. I do however run my bikes pretty hard.
Yes was asking re 2500 bike as I was told rear tyre wears really quick even on running in period.

Ran 9,000 miles on last Avon chrome back tire. It was a recall tire. Just replaced with a new one. Still had tread but lateral cracks made me nervous Front tire has plenty of tread. 3500 miles and worn something ain't right.

Ran 9,000 miles on last Avon chrome back tire. It was a recall tire. Just replaced with a new one. Still had tread but lateral cracks made me nervous Front tire has plenty of tread. 3500 miles and worn something ain't right.
I didn't know Avon had a recall on the Chrome tire.. I'm not very impressed with Avon since I had a front tire that was out of round and had to replace it with a Metz on the fly. Now I run Michelin Commander on the front and Bridgestone on the rear. I have no complaints about the set up. It handles much better.

I didn't know Avon had a recall on the Chrome tire.. I'm not very impressed with Avon since I had a front tire that was out of round and had to replace it with a Metz on the fly. Now I run Michelin Commander on the front and Bridgestone on the rear. I have no complaints about the set up. It handles much better.
Bridgestone Exedra? Same dimension as original i guess?

Bridgestone Exedra? Same dimension as original i guess?
Yes Exedra. No....dimensions aren't the same. The Bridgestone is a 55 and the Metz tire that comes on the bike is a 50. However I can't feel any difference when I had Bridgestone on the rear and stock profile Metz on the front. The speedo will be off some but can be corrected using TuneECU and the information from using a GPS. I never ventured into doing that just let it go.

Yes Exedra. No....dimensions aren't the same. The Bridgestone is a 55 and the Metz tire that comes on the bike is a 50. However I can't feel any difference when I had Bridgestone on the rear and stock profile Metz on the front. The speedo will be off some but can be corrected using TuneECU and the information from using a GPS. I never ventured into doing that just let it go.
I doubt a 55 profile would fit on the the 2.5L's, would foul the hugger and stock rear guard almost certainly

Back